1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cuts Clarifications

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Jenz, Apr 10, 2001.

1. Jenz

Jenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There has been a lot of speculation across the board at the moment regarding cut versions, here's a couple of truths that should finish these up:

1) Gladiator - R1/R2/R4 are NOT Cut. They are all the same.
    2) Cliffhanger UK R2 is still the edited 15 version. Why any chipped player owner would buy this over the excellent R1 SE or R2 Jap DTS is beyond me.
    3) UK R2 Bonds Goldeneye and Tomorrow Never Dies are both cut. A new certificate was not allowed by the BBFC as it would confuse the consumer.
    4) Keeping The Faith UK R2 Outtakes - Is cut at the Distributors request to achieve a 12. The R4 is Uncut (Great Film too).
    5) Bridget Jones Diary Cinema Release - Is audio dubbed to remove the short 'C' Word. You are not allowed to hear that unless you are 18. You can of course play with one at 16.
    6) UK R2 Matrix is Cut - Headbutts and Earclaps. If anyone wants an image of this let me know. questionable if the blame was Warner or BBFC - there is an Earclap in there which is a compulsory cut.
    7) Romeo Must Die - Cut by Distributors to achieve 15 cert. R1 is uncut.
    8) Eastern Condors R2 - 22s Compulsory cut to remove seen of Yuen Biao ripping the head off a Rubber Snake. (Cruelty to Animals Act).
    9) Terminator SE R2/R4 - Not Cut. UK Version recertified down to 15 from previous 18.
    10) Mystery Men UK R2 - Compulsory Earclap Cut. Image is Here.
    11) Mulan UK R2 - Headbutt is supposed to be gone but it was released intact by mistake. Image is Here.
    12) Lady & The Tramp UK R2 - Brutally cropped from 2.35:1 to 4:3. Image is Here.

Hope that sorts those out. Let me know if you're confused over these / other titles.

Regards Neil.

[ 10-04-2001: Message edited by: Jenz ]

2. enajh2

enajh2
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Was watching this last night, is the headbutt where Neo's hands/arms are clamped underneath the agents armpits in the middle of the tubestation fight sequence? :confused:

The camera is facing out across the platform towards the far side of the track at this point. Can I have a piccie of this Jenz? ;)

I also found, quite strangely in fact, that with my Sony 1070 and Surrounds set to Small I was getting less LFE re-direction than I did with it set to Large? can anyone explain this? I've not changed anything else. I had an LFE fest two nights ago with Monsters Inc! :D

[Edit] I might have had auto back-channel decoding turned on, and not when I've watched this film previously. I will experiment without this tonight to see if extracting this information from the rears for my real centre rear takes something from the LFE!

Also, with my Sony NS-900 player connected to my Tosh 28Z05B via RGB, the picture was noticably grainy in places, particularly with backgrounds, but this was consistent. Has the quality of picture transfers to DVD moved on significantly since the Matrix was released that you can tell the difference between new films from this year say and "new" films (not re-masters/re-releases etc) from last year and earlier ones?

I was watching the original Region 2 single disc release.

3. andyk

andyk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +167
    The links in the original post are not working Jenz

4. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Or instantly become one upon your appointment to Director of the BBFC.

5. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,020
    cheers Jenz, interesting reading indeed..
    Wonder what cuts on the Bond movies..