• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Cut down SIM issue

ADC

Any else having issues with their cut down SIM. I've cut my Orange SIM down using a template bought off the internet but when i install it the phone tells me that there isn't a SIM inserted. Anyone shed any light on this. Not even sure if the card is inserted correctly.:lease:

ADC

Switch the phone off then back on whilst sim is inserted

Makes no difference mate:confused:.
I've noticed that the SIM has 4 contact marks/lines where it was inserted/removed from my old phone but only 3 are visible when its inserted into the sim carrier.

mark845

Banned
Makes no difference mate:confused:.
I've noticed that the SIM has 4 contact marks/lines where it was inserted/removed from my old phone but only 3 are visible when its inserted into the sim carrier.

You have cut it so the sim contacts are facing down?

ADC

just cut my old payg sim that i got when i bought my old 3G iphone and it works fine.
Noticed that the payg gold contact area on the sim is much smaller than the one on contract sim i want to use. any ideas.

mark845

Banned
just cut my old payg sim that i got when i bought my old 3G iphone and it works fine.
Noticed that the payg gold contact area on the sim is much smaller than the one on contract sim i want to use. any ideas.

Yeah i know what you mean, i seen the same thing on a t-mobile payandgo and contact one, on my contract sim i had to cut all the way round the gold contacts, have you done the same? maybe you cut into the sim card?

ADC

Yeah i know what you mean, i seen the same thing on a t-mobile payandgo and contact one, on my contract sim i had to cut all the way round the gold contacts, have you done the same? maybe you cut into the sim card?

No I haven't cut into the sim. Don't want to trim it all the way down in case it falls through the sim holder.

ADC

Think i've knackered the sim for definate now:smashin:.
Just rung orange and the micro sim is being sent out and should be here in 2-3 days. PAYG till then.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom