1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Customs on projectors from the States

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by dunkyboy, Mar 26, 2003.

1. dunkyboy

dunkyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I was wondering if the EU regulation defining customs on projectors imported from Japan was exlusive to Japan, or a general rule for importing projectors from anywhere, such as the US? Several American online retailers will ship internationally - I was just wondering how feasible this is? Is Customs 0% on projectors from the States? If not, what is it?

Cheers,

Dunc

2. dean randle

dean randle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi Dunc

I think it's the case of because a projector is classified as a computer display device there is zero import duty, however the shipping costs and projector value are liable for V.A.T..
    Whether it's cheaper to have a little weekend away to the States and bring it back with you (along with your laptap saying it's used for work purposes), is a possibility. At least that way you may be able to demo different pj's and compare etc, plus test for dead pixels.

Hope that helps,

Dean.

ps, lots of people here have ordered pj's from japan and had good experiences.