1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Customs Charges on Multiple Items

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by sjp1966, Aug 2, 2004.

1. sjp1966

sjp1966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I know that there is a possibilty of getting done by customs should you go over £18 for an order.

However i have just bought 5 X-Files boxsets from Oz, and they are £17.45 each, which is fine individually, but what if they arrive together, could i still get hit by customs or is each boxset libel to the £18 limit in its own right?

Steve

2. tazpc

tazpc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    If the were all shipped as one package i.e bought together as one item
    then they would be over the customs limit.
    If individually bought (even at the same time and shipped ) the they would count as individual items.

3. Dan Smiffy

Dan Smiffy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If they arrive in the same box then you're well over the £18-00 import limit for that package so are liable to get an unfriendly postie banging on your door I'm afraid (unless it slips past unnoticed). If you're not feeling lucky do a postage-vs-customs study comparing 1) buying your boxsets as one order (1x big unit postage + customs) or 2) buying them seperately (5x little unit postage, no customs) and if the later is cheaper, cancel your order quick!

Dan

4. sjp1966

sjp1966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hmmm i ordered it in one hit, but in the special instructions i asked them to be shipped in seperate boxes so hopefully they will.

Has anyone else order multiple X-Files boxsets from DVD crave, at the same time, if so did they arrive as individual boxes or in one big box?