1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

customizing harmony655

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by spook, Nov 25, 2004.

1. spook

spook
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    it states in the 655 manual that:

"When you select an activity, the Harmony remote will:
    • turn on all the correct entertainment devices
    • set their inputs correctly
    • set up its buttons to control the activity"

can the 655 be programmed not to "turn on all correct devices"? (ie they would already be on) otherwise switching from one activity to another would actually turn the devices off, or am I missing something here?

Spook

2. gr-argh

gr-argh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you use the advanced customise option, you can select if you want devices to turn on at the start, or off at the finish of each activity. For example, if you set the vcr to record in 'Watch VCR' activity, then switch to 'Listen to music' activity, the vcr will not be switched off (at least when correctly configured, found that out the hard way, currently missing 15mins from American Pie 2).

David

3. spook

spook
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    thanks for that david,

the reason I ask is the fact that My Sky+ box is always on and I don't want the 655 to affect this when switching to "watch TV or whichever activity is associated with watching Sky, same with my plasma screen.

so could I instruct the 655 to completely ignore the on/off function of all of my devices if I wish?

cheers, Spook

4. kriswood5

kriswood5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    "so could I instruct the 655 to completely ignore the on/off function of all of my devices if I wish?"

Yes - this is simply programmed.

5. a9who

a9who
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For whatever reason my set up doesn't switch the Sky box on or off so switching between activities doesn't creat a problem