Customer Relations - comments??

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by dbloor, Nov 21, 2001.

1. dbloor

dbloor
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am finally about to buy a multi region DVD player.

Yesterday I emailed all the 'usual suspects' asking availability, real time price and exact nature of their mods.

Only DVDMAGIC bothered to reply so I shall be on the phone to them tomorrow.

They have the best (only) customer relations at present which really is my only determinant on who to buy from.

Comments??

D

2. dbloor

dbloor
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My post has been on this board and in that time I have had 3 further replies.

Coincidence or are they all avid lurkers on here........

3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,905
    I am not sure that you can take a response to a request for information on a product sent by email to be indicative of customer relations as all that might indicate is that the company that replied is less busy or has a better sales team.

I bought my Pioneer 545 fully modded from avland but rather than through the web I telephoned and placed the order and it arrived the following day.

I didn't need to ask about the modifications as it is explained on their web site.

All this proves is that their dispatch team are good at their jobs. Customer relations comes into it's own if the player breaks down and I need a speedy repair or exchange which so far it hasn't.

Having said that, the feedback on the "usual suspects" seems to be positive with the one exception that everyone seems to mention.

Regards

Ian

4. Brian Leahy

Brian Leahy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Most commercial organisations demand the highest possible return on capital achievable. The only way they can achieve this is by employing the smallest amount of staff possible and paying them the smallest amount of money they can get away with.

One normally finds such organisations use an automated telephone system as a buffer to keep customers hanging on in a queue that gets longer as the day goes by. Organisations such as this have the habit of twittering on about good employee communications, team spirit, motivation etc etc and it is no surprise that staff do not stay long enough to become effective. This means a constant drive to train new staff at a considerable cost but such employers are to thick to see this.

The only way to deal with incompatent customer service is to do as you have done and dump the inefficient response moving on to an organisation that is effective.

5. slay

slay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Got my new tosh player from DVD magic, courteous and very helpfull on phone, player arrived next day :)

Steve