1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Customer feedback vs reviews

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by big dave, Aug 23, 2004.

1. big dave

big dave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After reading reviews in magazines I decided to plump for the Philips 42pf9965 due to the great ratings it got for the picture.

After having two of these sets (both buzzed loudly), I couldn't get a decent picture thro either of them. I had a nokia digital box and also the panny dmr-e55. The pictures were either over-processed (in pixel-plus mode) or too soft with it turned off. The England footy match the other day was unwatchable, and I had to fetch the £90 portable back into the bedroom.

After reading the customer feedback on these forums after having bought the philips, I swapped it for the 42" Viera. Can't thank you lot enuff. Great picture, good sound and virtually no buzzing. It's up on the wall and ready for the cabling to be tidied.

Incidentally, I did try the settings some of you posted for the philips, but it was still poor. Maybe I had two dodgy sets :zonked:

Thanx all
    Big D

2. Steffche

Steffche

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Very interesting indeed... I live in Oz, and had a very similar experience as you. I had purchased a 42PF9945 first...had it for 3 weeks...swapped it for the 42PF9946....had it for 2 weeks...and finally decided that Philips was not for me...so I swapped it for the 42" viera....and what a relief!!!!!

Only had it 2 days now...and appart from a little noise in DVD pictures...(which I am hoping is due to my cheap quality component leads) it is FANTASTIC!!!