1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom sized fixed screens

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by foghorn, Dec 15, 2004.

1. foghorn

foghorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Has anyone ever priced a custom sized fixed screen.

If so who was the supplier and how much did it cost?

Foghorn

2. GavT

GavT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    I just finished putting together a custom sized fixed screen... total cost - £1.88!! My supplier - the local timber merchants.
    I opted for the white coated hardboard option which my local timber merchant cut to size. At the top on the back is stuck (gotta love that No Nails) a 1" x 0.5" piece of wood going the while length of the board and into this is screwed a couple of cup hooks. The hooks go onto 2 screws discretely in the wall. Where the hardboard comes into contact with the wall a strip of door insulation tape (the furry stuff) protects the paintwork.

Had it running last night and very impressed. The white board gives enough reflection to get good colours on my Panny AE200 LCD projector but it is not so reflective you get a shine from the lamp. The only downside is its hard to hide behind the sofa when's its down. But as a compromise between a working lounge / home cinema room its a fantastic cheap and easy option.

3. foghorn

foghorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Thanks for the reply, however I was asking if anyone has priced a custom sized screen from a manufacturer not a self-build screen.

Foghorn

4. NaimBoy

NaimBoy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Foghorn,

If you don't mind having it shipped from the US then try Carada - they get rave reviews over on AVS. The price for custom screens (assuming a standard aspect ratio) is you pay for the next standard size up - quote from they're website :

"If you choose one of our standard aspect ratios, then your price will be the same as the next largest standard size in that ratio. For example, a 95 inch diagonal 1.78 to 1 screen will be the same price as our standard 96 inch diagonal 1.78 to 1 screen. If you want a customized aspect ratio, then contact us for a quick quote on the screen of your dreams. There won’t be any gouging! The price will be very close to other screens of similar square footage."

They're certainly at the top of my list once the flippin' PJ arrives !

HTH,
    Mark

5. foghorn

foghorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Thanks for the link.

Foghorn