1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom size screens

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by neural9, Jul 16, 2005.

1. neural9

neural9
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Due to a really long living room I need to mount my projector at precisely 4.01m away from the screen - it's where the most suitable joist is for ceiling mount.

This equates to a screen size of 2.11 (given some automated figures). I'm aware that black borders really improve contrast perception so I don't want to go for a 230cm screen - or am I wrong in this assumption?

Either way, the layout of the room will not allow a 190 screen due to the EPSON TW10H throw at that distance.

The wall that it is projecting on to has a chimney breast so I can't use the wall!

Thx for the advice!

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,803
    A screen with a black velvet/felt frame will absorb overscan and give a nice sharp edge to your 16:9 material. There are plenty of screen manufacturers who will do custom size screens. There are also plenty of retailers who are forum sponsors who can get them for you.......

Gordon