custom resolution with sony vpl-hs1

frog

Standard Member
Peeps,
I have just got a pc installed in the lounge, it has a radeon 7000 and is connected to a sony vpl hs1 projector via the projector's VGA input.
Now, my project is setup so that I watch everything in 16:9, however, with the computer, the picture is 4:3 and spills over onto the ceiling and below the screen.
I got a copy of powerstrip hoping to be able to change the resolution to something that would match my screen format, but so far, no luck.
The projector seems to re-scale whatever I throw at it back into 4:3.

So, several questions:
Can I disable the projector's internal scaler ?
What resolution should I run ?
Would it work better if I fed a component signal into the projector ?

Many thanks (sorry for long post).
Frog

theritz

I'd recommend that you set the computer resolution to 800x600 ( that's the HS1's native resolution, IIRC, and set the projector to display 16:9. If this doesn't work use Powerdvd (or whatever software dvd player you're using) and play with the aspect ratio settings.. you should get a result that way.

Sean G.

frog

Standard Member
Thanks theritz, however, when I use the VGA input, whatever resolution I use is displayed as 800x600 using the full lcd panel (e.g. 4:3), there is no 16:9 setting for computer mode.
I was wondering if there was something in the service/factory menu to turn that off.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom