1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom Resolution problem with Radeon 9000pro & PowerStrip

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Bracken2, Nov 20, 2002.

1. Bracken2

Bracken2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I dont get 856x480 and 1280x720 to work properly on my Radeon 9000pro card. I hade an old Geforse256 card before with no problem at all, with somewath tall and thin ikons as it should bee when displaying a 16:9 resolution on a 4:3 monitor. The problem with the Radeon card is that when switching to 856x480 the image go very big and when I drag the mouse to the edge of the screen the image goes away ( the image is mutch bigger than the monitorscreen so it dosent fit). It´s the same problem with 1280x720, what is wrong?

//Bjorn :confused:

2. AnD

AnD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    try that little tweaker for radeon:
    http://www.rage3d.com/r3dtweak/

I'm using it with my radeon 9000pro and Panny PTAE100, and it is great. I don't have to use powerstrip for these resolutions - 856x480 or 1280x720. After installing it, in custom display modes check the desired resolutions and restart the computer.

BTW - I have XP pro installed.

AnD

3. Bracken2

Bracken2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have installed Rage3D Tweaker and when I look in the Custom Display Modes there is already 856x480, 1072x600 and 1280x720 in there( light green). Is it because I already have made them in PowerStrip? After reboot I go in to the desktop list to switch to one of the custom resolution comes the problem, there is only Standard Modes in the list! Whats wrong?
    :confused: :(

4. AnD

AnD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes it's true.

You have to change the resolution using Rage3d tweaker icon - right click - rage3d. You have the icon in the windows bar where the clock is placed.

I hope it helps.

AnD

5. Bracken2

Bracken2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I mean that when I dont find any custom resolutions! I dont have any custom resolutions in the list in 3dtweaker. Nothing happens if I rightclick on one of the green dots in the customresolutionlist, so I dont think that ex. 856x480 is activated att all. Was your customresolutions green from the beginning or did you check them yourself?

Bjorn :confused:

6. AnD

AnD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    did you installed the newest drivers (Catalyst 2.4)? Maybe it helps. Rage3D needs Catalyst drivers.

AnD

7. Bracken2

Bracken2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If I run it in only 16-bit color it works, why? As soon as I change to 32-bits of color the problem comes bak. I have a Pentium III 700 processor and use ME, could that have anything to do with the problem. The strange thing is that I dont have any problem with my old Geforce256 board.....

//Bjorn:confused: :confused:

8. AnD

AnD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had similar problem when I worked in Win98se, but the problem disappeared when I installed the WinXP pro. This is the reason I changed the system. Maybe this is a problem connected with the drivers - my guess.

AnD

9. Bracken2

Bracken2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK, I start to think the same! Do you think there is an advantage in 32-bits color when you watching a DVD, today I test both Austin Powers and Gladiator on my Panasonic PT-AE100E and both looks greate! Have somewon tested the same, 16 against 32-bits color when watching a DVD? I think it sounds stupid that 16-bit should look the same as 32-bit but now am not shour.
    Do I need to start from the beginning to install XP, I think so but I´m not 100%.

//Bjorn