• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Custom Prints? Where from ?

kevshed

Established Member
Hi all,

My wife stumped me today, with what i thought was a simple question - so thought i'd ask the experts here for some advice.

She has just bought a photo frame, that consists of 6 3"x3" smaller frames. She has a load of digital photos that she'd like to get printed to go in them.

Now, I can edit/Crop the photos that she wants into a square image, but how can i get them printed? Will jessops or someone similar do custom print sizes? Or is there any other magic i could use.

If i do a standard print, and then try to cut to size, its not going to be great.

Any guidance here appreciated !

thx
Kev

dazza74

Distinguished Member
If I was doing this I'd probably create an A4 document and load into that my 3" x 3" pics. With the 3" x 3" you could oversize them a bit with a border perhaps and then cut out each around the border that way it should be fairly easy to cut them out of the A4 sheet and mount them to the frame mount using masking tape.

kevshed

Established Member
thanks... guess that is one way... i'll give that some thought - any other inputs? Thx

chrisw

Prominent Member
Have had a similar problem with some of our wedding photos to fit into a non-standard frame. Have had absolutely no luck with finding a reputable print shop that does custom sizes unfortunately, so bought some high quality photo paper, and printed them myself and then cut them to size with a guilletine(?)... and the results are pretty good.

I think with a 3" square photo you could get away with a self print job - as the quality shouldn't be a problem with such a small photo. Other than that don't have a clue.

kevshed

Established Member
cheers... coming to the same conclusion...

senu

Distinguished Member
Custom Prints = DIY
Why??
Even if you could get a Printers who would patiently resize on their own PC/Mac or customised setup for you before printing, it is not unheard of that the finished print may have parts cut off ( machine is confused by "strange print size/ratio")
With some resizing in Photoshop ( or Elements ) done yourself, Decent Paper and a decent own Photoprinter, I would be surprised if your own efforts didn't equal ( or better) some of the stuff you would get off Jessops ect..
Printing this way for long runs of Standard prints sizes is not VFM but poor Quality is often not the issue and for a few ( especially custom sizes), often the most pragmatic solution

kevshed

Established Member
yup.. agreed. Thx.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom