Custom PC from eBay, how this look?

no mention of the psu.

you MUST have a decent power supply unit. corsair, antec or any of the top brands, thermaltake, ocz.

if its cheap and crappy thats £500 you might as well put in the toilet and take a dump on lol.

also doesnt state what brad ram is used.

also its only a dual core.

they are micrsofts budget cpu's.

for a gaming rig you'd be better off going for an i3 i5 or i7 and for THAT price i'd expect it to be alteast an i3 cpu.

i'd be more inclined to forget that rig.

why not try to build your own and that way you can source the best parts for your budget.

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Seems a lot for the money. It's like one of those PC World adverts where they chuck out the big phrases like 4GB memory, dual core processor etc etc without giving the details that will make just as much difference.

I've just added the components to a basket over at Scan and it doesn't quite get to the price they want. Not far off mind you, but a few of the components wouldn't really cut it for a 'gaming' pc.

For example the CPU is only £60, the graphics card only £60 etc. Pretty entry level items.

70th

Standard Member
Seems a lot for the money. It's like one of those PC World adverts where they chuck out the big phrases like 4GB memory, dual core processor etc etc without giving the details that will make just as much difference.

I've just added the components to a basket over at Scan and it doesn't quite get to the price they want. Not far off mind you, but a few of the components wouldn't really cut it for a 'gaming' pc.

For example the CPU is only £60, the graphics card only £60 etc. Pretty entry level items.
Ok, thanks for your input, much appreciated.

try alienware dell or other custom pc sites.

google custom built computer sites.

see what you can put together for the same price or more if you have it.

i'd say that that computer on ebay would probably be better for video audio editing or movies, definatly hell of an office system but not for gaming. not by a long shot

GMC79

Distinguished Member
Last edited:

70th

Standard Member
try alienware dell or other custom pc sites.

google custom built computer sites.

see what you can put together for the same price or more if you have it.

i'd say that that computer on ebay would probably be better for video audio editing or movies, definatly hell of an office system but not for gaming. not by a long shot
Ok great, thanks.

Killswitch 73

i build pc's for a living and that pc is daylight robery

no operating system either ..they are cheap psu's and the rails would not cut a high end card..it will just kick over and stop ..the pc would be like jump starting ..cus the power supply has not got the right amps on the 12 volt rails...so basicly putting a higher card in that rig it will just not boot up..

you are better off building yourself ..and i agree with greg..better to use scan, ebuyer,overclockers,

and compare price with each other ..if you got enough posts on here (avforums) postage is free with scan ..over £50 i think .

i use scan all the time and they are second to none..

and i would deffo go with i5 for gaming ..i3 is ok but if you get a high end card like an gtx480 / or ati 5870 then the cpu will bottleneck...(the graphics will over power the cpu).so an i5 atleast so upgrading in the future will be money well spent..

the things you need top end is the power supply about a 500w cant go wrong with a modular..then your motherboard a socket 1156 p55 board..with those 2 main componants you cant go wrong...

and monitors are so cheap these days..dell ususaly got some good deals on there 23inchers and a good way of looking is looking on hotukdeals or on these forums in the deals threads..

hope this helped

70th

Standard Member
i build pc's for a living and that pc is daylight robery

no operating system either ..they are cheap psu's and the rails would not cut a high end card..it will just kick over and stop ..the pc would be like jump starting ..cus the power supply has not got the right amps on the 12 volt rails...so basicly putting a higher card in that rig it will just not boot up..

you are better off building yourself ..and i agree with greg..better to use scan, ebuyer,overclockers,

and compare price with each other ..if you got enough posts on here (avforums) postage is free with scan ..over £50 i think .

i use scan all the time and they are second to none..

and i would deffo go with i5 for gaming ..i3 is ok but if you get a high end card like an gtx480 / or ati 5870 then the cpu will bottleneck...(the graphics will over power the cpu).so an i5 atleast so upgrading in the future will be money well spent..

the things you need top end is the power supply about a 500w cant go wrong with a modular..then your motherboard a socket 1156 p55 board..with those 2 main componants you cant go wrong...

and monitors are so cheap these days..dell ususaly got some good deals on there 23inchers and a good way of looking is looking on hotukdeals or on these forums in the deals threads..

hope this helped
Very helpful, thanks very much.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom