Quantcast

Custom Made Glass Shelving?

windfall

Hi All

I'm looking for a supplier to make some glass shelves so that I can place AV gear on them.

I need 5 in total and they have to be made to measure and take the weight of an amp (25kg)

Does anyone know of anywhere I can get these made?

Cheers

Tone

T

Tracey

Do you have any glaziers near you, they will cut glass to any size you need and should be able to provide toughened safety glass, have a look at www.yell.com and search for any in your area. Alternatively I do know that Optimum sell glass shelves designed for hi-fi and TV's, you've probably heard of them but you can just buy the shelves on their own rather than having to buy the whole cabinet, it might work out quite expensive though. Their website is www.optimum2000.com

Hope this helps.

windfall

Tracey

Yes indeed its helped, cheers for that. I was wondering what it would cost but I will discuss this with the relevant companies.

Thanks again.

Tone

F

fufna

You can buy glass shelves from Triskom direct £25 each

These are pretty much bombproof as on the "Tower 1" stand they just just slide 2 inches into a clamp at the back of the stand and can hold 30kilos!

windfall

Cor thankls for that, only challenge is the sizes, I need 44cm (w) by 40cm deep.

I'll contact them though £25 each is good.

Cheers again

Tone

T

Tracey

Originally posted by tonetrainer
Tracey

Yes indeed its helped, cheers for that. I was wondering what it would cost but I will discuss this with the relevant companies.

Thanks again.

Tone
You're welcome.

MartinImber

Where do you live, what do you want?

I may be able to suggest

windfall

I live just outside Northampton. As it goes we are having a little prob with some glazed units on the house and I ran this past their cs person, she says they can supply glass made to measure in 6mm and 10mm (which optimum) also supply so I think I may be ok. So I am sending them the measurements today so that they can quote "me happy?" LOL!

Thanks again all - very helpful!

MartinImber

Great - just make sure it is tough