Custom length Video cables?

AngelEyes

Distinguished Member
Hi,

I am moving all my AV equipment into a room away from the lounge, to free up room, reduce noise and generally tidy the whole thing up.

This leaves me with a 12m run from my 2 analogue video sources (Sky + and DVD player) to my 32" CRT TV.

Can anyone tell me a good place to buy custom length scart cables? As the display is getting on a little and is relatively small, I am not that bothered about picture quality but I don't want complete cr*p either :)

I also see this as somewhat temporary (1-2 years tops) as I hope to get a PJ soon and if I can convince the kids to spill something on the TV, a flat screen some time after that.

Thanks,

Adam

AngelEyes

Distinguished Member
anyone?

Nic Rhodes

Most places will do custom SCART cales but I wouldn't take the good ones past 5m.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Hello AngelEyes

A 12m S-Video + Stereo audio cable for SKY+ may work without a signal booster and why not install a low cost DVD player next to the CRT TV.

Best regards

Joe

AngelEyes

Distinguished Member
I am not even sure the TV has a S-Video input on the back so I think that rules that one out...

As for the low cost DVD player, it means when watching a DVD through the TV (which I will have to for a while before I get the PJ) I won't get any surround sound :(

I think I will have to get a long scart and see what happens... any suggestions on where to get a custom length cable?

Thanks.

Out of interest, will I have the same problems with HDMI over this distance when I eventually get a flat screen?

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Hello AngleEyes

VanDamme Mini Red Series four or five core video Multicore can be made up as SCART to SCART for RGB.

Mark Grant also makes up custom SCART cables.

Lindy have 'Premium' Flat SCART cables at 15m and 20m.

HDMI at 12m will not be a problem if you purchase a decent HDMI cable - see http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=351641

Best regards

Joe

AngelEyes

Distinguished Member
Hi Joe,

Many thanks for that, great info! :smashin:
I'll probably ask Mr Grant for a quote, might as well stick with what you know. :)

Adam