• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Custom length USB extension cables

PhillyG76

Does anyone know any companies that can make good quality USB 3.0 male to female extension leads? I have a Pioneer headunit in my car and I think it’s just over a metre in length (The supplied lead)and I think a metre will be too short. Also it looks a bit fragile, and If I had to change it, it’d be a ball ache. So I want to get the best quality one I can, and this maybe overkill but try USB 3.0 because using WebLink sometimes seems bit laggy so just want to make sure everything is as good as it can be. That said the port from the headunit may only be USB 2.0, but for the small difference in price I’d rather get the best I can. The Ugreen range looks good but not sure if one metre may be too short to run though glovebox and two metres too long. I’m really quite anal with cables. Like Ethernet ones, I look at HIFI branded ones to see if there are any that have unique features for not much more than a normal high quality lead.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom