Custom length SVHS cable

IanAG

Standard Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to get a custom SVHS cable made up, length in the region of 50m. Anyone got any links to places which do this, had a link a while back for a good place a while back but have lost it.

Cost is more important than quality as it will be used to display stills in a club on a projector.

Cheers
Ian

wow...... thats a long cable...... as horny says, id be tempted that it is too long.....

ad

For that length I would stick to Component.. even then picture degradation would occur... you'll need high quality well shielded stuff.

I would not use a S-Video cable over 10M..IMO that's the max for S-Video.

I was very unhappy with my custom l;ength lektropacks cable.
They used three core cable so both the luma and chroma had a shared ground.
It took me ages to track down the herringbone patterning it produced.
swapping it for a decent Ixos cable with seperate grounds removed the problem.

Not be usinglektropacks for cabling again : although to be honest the scarts they do are ok,

Thanks for the replies guys. It doesn't look like its going to be practical to do what I planned.

A custom length cable from lektropacks will cost ~£200 which is far more than is viable.

Unfortunately there is no other way as the projector is on a lighting rig and the output will be from my PC so I can't use an aerial cable like the existing one they use for football.

Cheers anyway.

Buy a drum of decent 4 core and a couple of minidin plugs and do it yourself. No way that will cost £200quid.

Check out the DIY forum for advice.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom