Custom HTPC build in a Sony Stereo FM/AM Receiver

SystemLord

Inspired by daviddekanter (thanks mate), and after a great deal of deliberation, I have decided to have a go at building my own 'unique' HTPC.

Although I presently have an Antec Fusion v2 which I am more than happy with, I cant get rid of the bug which keeps niggling away at me to have a go.

My donor case is the Sony STR K-670P and what I particularly like about this case is that it is only 265mm deep. Also, the front and back panels are removable which will make things easier so far as making cut-outs for the fitting off the I/O panel and PSU is concerned.

The on/off switch will be housed where the 'phones' plug was on the bottom left of the case.

All the other buttons will be retained for aesthetic purposes but the plastic lugs on the inside of the front panel will be nibbled away to make the interior a bit smarter (not that anbody will see) but it may also help with airflow.

A VFD display will be placed in the appropriate panel at the front, unless I can find a way of utilising the space behind for a BluRay drive.

Motherboard wise I am looking at the Gigabyte GA-H55N-USB3 mini-ITX board.

GIGABYTE GA-H55N-USB3 Mini-ITX Motherboard Review | Futurelooks - Digital Lifestyle and Technology for the Masses

This will leave plenty of space for the PSU

http://www.antec.com/pdf/flyers/EA380D_flyer_EN.pdf

and HDD caddy, whiich I can hopefully salvate from some of my many bits and pieces, although the exact placement of each has not yet been determined.

I have gutted the case and I have provided two photos-

One is the aerial view of the bare case with the lid removed and the other is the front panel minus the phono plug.

How long this will take I dont know, but I am determined.

Any suggestions will be more than welcome.

Attachments

daviddekanter

Good luck mate!!!

If you have any questions, let me know!

Cheers,
David

Top Bottom