Question Custom dvd player

bruceoneill511

Novice Member
Reaction score
hi, does anyone know anywhere/anyone that can build dvd player that appears do be a bog standard player. But has a HD and the ability to upload and download???
Thanks Bruce

I think you need to tell us exactly what you're trying to achieve.

Basically i have 2 newphews reluctently going to boarding school they are not allowed to have dvd players with HD or a media centres as they not allowed to have series or certain/almost any films. So i said i would try and get something for them and i would load appropriate films and series myself on there for them to enjoy when they are finished with their relentless studying. So in short i would like what appears to be a basic dvd player (that the school wont question) but has approx 1 or 2 TB, what ever can fit. With the ability to then top up new series when released via a usb port.

I think you mean a "HDD" (Hard Disk Drive)?
"HD" means "High Definition"
Any DVD player with a USB slot should do the trick.
That way you can load movies/series onto it give it to them then wipe and reload it when they're finished viewing.

Yea sorry thats what i want. Unfortunately i dont know where to begin or anywhere that i could pay to so this. Do you know anywhere/anyone?

You buy it, from a store. DVD players with a USB slot are widely available.

Surely they have laptops if they're studying away from home. Plug laptop into TV and voila.

You buy it, from a store. DVD players with a USB slot are widely available

+1
Go to the likes of Currys or anywhere there's a large display of DVD players.
Look for ones with a USB input, take note of the make/model numbers.
Come home and Google the specifications of them to see the max size of USB or portable HDD they can accept.
Job done.
It's not the sort of thing anyone can "build".

What i am looking for is a 1tb hdd concealed within a very basic looking dvd player. That would be able to up and download and can easily use Is anyone willing to take on this task?? I would obviously pay. Im caught in the stone age with tech at time.

Call MI-6 and ask for Q?

It's a very odd request and now you want it to be a mini computer. I'm out.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom