Custom controllers

Discussion in 'PS4 Hardware' started by mikee66, Jan 30, 2014.

1. mikee66

mikee66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    I'm thinking of buying a custom controller. Does anyone have any recommendations with regards to companies etc?

Also whilst doing a bit of research I found modded controllers that provide rapid fire and other things. Personally I feel this is cheating but I'd be interested in your thoughts.

Mike

2. Stinja

Stinja
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,188
    On consoles, i definitely do not agree with the "split fish" (pseudo mouse) thingies. Unless the game natively supports M&KB too.

The modded controllers which do things like automatically fire two shots and then lie you on the ground are a bit dubious - feels awfully like a macro. Ditto making say a semi-auto rifle fire at a rate far beyond what it is meant to.

The intent of all these are usually to gain an advantage in a competitive online multiplayer game. If it's not available to all players, i'd call that an unfair advantage.

If the intent of a modded controller is to overcome a disability, then it's somewhat more acceptable, especially if with a singleplayer game.
    As someone with RSI, i've used auto-fire controllers in the past, as some games come with tap-tap guns on certain non-customisable buttons, and i'd be in physical pain trying to play their game. So it's hard to thrown stones... but i do feel it comes down to intent.
    Personally i'd like if developers just got rid of semi-auto guns which fire more than once per second.

Sorry but i cant recommend any companies, last controller i bought was from these people: Sony Playstation 3 , 8 Mode Rapid Fire Controller (Adjustable): Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games

They felt like a run-out-of-the-living-room company, but it worked ok, except for high battery drain.

3. NewfieDrool

NewfieDrool
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,154
    EagleEye say they are working on their next gen mod to allow keyboards and mouse control.
    Will be interesting to compare how much difference there is on say BF4 with one.
    Would I get one, I think so but I do like the cable free pad control but at the same time I'm interested in seeing what they work like.