Custom Class questions - Which Sniper (and Javelin question...)

.50 Caliber Bob

Novice Member
Hi Guys,

I don't have the time to devote to MW3 that I did to MW2, but it annoys me not knowing the little detail, so I was wondering if anyone can clue me in...

What are the differences (besides the obvious) in the sniper rifles? I have checked the COD Wiki, but there are loads of discrepancies between the OHK locations and body modifiers. Which one has the biggest OHK location, and does the mobility stat really make a difference to each one? (I know that in MW2 all snipers moved at the same speed, are you really slower this time round with a .50cal then say the MSR one?)

Also, a little Javelin question, does it do the same damage to killstreaks as the LAW type launcher? ie 1 rocket does not kill the standard 7 killstreak chopper?

Thanks in advance for anyone that takes the time to respond...

Det

Distinguished Member
Javelin kills in one hit. On phone so not prepared to answer rest

BaldyBonito

Dont know about the OHK areas, what I do know is running with a barrett is probably the worst thing I've ever done in a game of call of duty. Its horrificly slow compared to the other sniper rifles.

fitzybhoy25

AS50 is a great Sniper. As is the MSR.

Not a huge fan of the other ones. Plus you should see my video of me using the RSASS. :D Hitmarkers galore.

AnthonyG

Distinguished Member
Also, a little Javelin question, does it do the same damage to killstreaks as the LAW type launcher? ie 1 rocket does not kill the standard 7 killstreak chopper?

Javelin will take everything down with one hit. Its problem is its time taken to do it.

It takes a good 5 seconds after firing to hit the target. Imagine a chopper flying over you while you are firing it, a good chance it will shoot you unless you are using Blind Eye.

It also takes a relatively long time to lock onto the chopper, UAV etc too.

The best launcher is the stinger. It locks on fast, and fire it and a nano second its gone.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom