• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Custom cable sleeving

joelk2

Distinguished Member
Anyone know any good places to buy
Some custom sleeved cables? Or does anyone on here sleeve any themselves?

jibby

Standard Member
If your looking to sleeve them yourself there are really good video guides over on OC:
Video Sleeving Guide Series
Frequently Asked Sleeving Questions

For my supplies i buy from watercoolinguk or specialtech
Mod/Smart Molex Plugs, Mesh, Acrylic Panels, Thumb Screws, Heatshrink and Braid >> Watercooling UK
Braiding & Heatshrink |Specialtech UK Water Cooling Shop

or you could avoid the hassle and buy sleeved cables like the corsair ones, but they only work with corsair PSU's the only other ones i would recommend are the bitfenix pre sleeved extension cables but you end up with a lot of cable to hide

Last edited:

joelk2

Distinguished Member
jibby said:
If your looking to sleeve them yourself there are really good video guides over on OC:
Video Sleeving Guide Series
Frequently Asked Sleeving Questions

For my supplies i buy from watercoolinguk or specialtech
Mod/Smart Molex Plugs, Mesh, Acrylic Panels, Thumb Screws, Heatshrink and Braid >> Watercooling UK
Braiding & Heatshrink |Specialtech UK Water Cooling Shop

or you could avoid the hassle and buy sleeved cables like the corsair ones, but they only work with corsair PSU's the only other ones i would recommend are the bitfenix pre sleeved extension cables but you end up with a lot of cable to hide

Looks good and fairly easy to do. Is it as easy as it looks?

jibby

Standard Member
Looks good and fairly easy to do. Is it as easy as it looks?

lol got to love the confidence, you should be fine if you follow the instructions, have the correct tools and most of all patience because it can take along time, how long you spend is up to you as some people like myself can be very picky i.e. heat shrink and cable sleeving has to be the same size to the mm, others dont care as long as each wire looks some what similar. In regards to the PSU fully modular PSU are easier than non-modular PSU because in the case of non-modular you usually have to open the PSU which will probably void your warranty, there small issues regarding cable sleeving just refer to the guides

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom