Custom Blu Covers - anyone use these?

Mark Costello

Editorial Contributor
Reaction score
Hey all, so space is now getting tight. Up to nearly 1,750 BDs and I'm rapidly running out of room for them all. First world problems I know. I've got a lot of movie collections on single discs that I'm thinking of combining into a single box set with a custom cover to reduce the shelf space - Matrix trilogy, Mad Max flicks, Taken/Transporter trilogies, etc.

I've done a quick google search and come up with a few sites but wondered if any of you guys used these and if so where do you get yours from? I've seen a few on the Disney thread use these so just wondered where to start. Do you do them yourselves? And what paper do you use for them? So many questions.......

Cheers in advance :thumbsup:

I have been trying to make my own with Photoshop as well.

I need to know the exact size of standard uk bluray and dvd covers including spine size and what measurement the spine starts at...........

Can any one help?

I have been trying to make my own with Photoshop as well.

I need to know the exact size of standard uk bluray and dvd covers including spine size and what measurement the spine starts at...........

Can any one help?
If you head over to bluray.com there's a thread there where the members talk about using free software called undercover10 and the print settings there come loaded with standard BD cover sizes. That might help [emoji106]

I make my own covers. Use Microsoft Visio to design the covers and Photoshop to edit the cover art. Once the artwork is edited its pasted and shaped into the Visio design.

Ok,

Thanks,

But i just want the sizes for standard UK dvd and Bluray cases,

I need complete cover size spin width and where to star the spine when laying down the guide rule in photo shop. At the moment I am just using a ruler , but ist not quite right.
Has anyone got the exact dimensions please?

I have checked google and there are templates that i acnt get to work , they also give sizes but not where to start to the spine .

Hey all, so space is now getting tight. Up to nearly 1,750 BDs and I'm rapidly running out of room for them all. First world problems I know. I've got a lot of movie collections on single discs that I'm thinking of combining into a single box set with a custom cover to reduce the shelf space - Matrix trilogy, Mad Max flicks, Taken/Transporter trilogies, etc.

I've done a quick google search and come up with a few sites but wondered if any of you guys used these and if so where do you get yours from? I've seen a few on the Disney thread use these so just wondered where to start. Do you do them yourselves? And what paper do you use for them? So many questions.......

Cheers in advance :thumbsup:

I have an easier solution, just throw away the turds and you'll be fine for space ;) :laugh:

I have an easier solution, just throw away the turds and you'll be fine for space ;) :laugh:
Turds? TURDS? How very dare you sir. You will see from my collection link I only have cinematic masterpieces in there.......

Now back to editing my thoughts on Masters of the Universe and Bloodsucking Pharoahs in Pittsburgh.......[emoji15]

Any one know the name of the paper that is used for DVD and bluray covers, Its not photo paper is it?
HP Brochure and Flyer paper is what some of the chaps on bluray.com use but I can't vouch for it myself.

Hi mate, if I have to replace a cover I use a site called r1db.com, its free and they have plenty of covers including custom covers, hope that helps

Hi mate, if I have to replace a cover I use a site called r1db.com, its free and they have plenty of covers including custom covers, hope that helps
Thanks squire, will check it out.

Hi, you might also want to check out a website call customaniacs. It's really good for cutom covers, some of the artists on their are professional in what they do. Have been using it for a few years, so can vouch for it :)

Hi, you might also want to check out a website call customaniacs. It's really good for cutom covers, some of the artists on their are professional in what they do. Have been using it for a few years, so can vouch for it :)
Cheers squire - have indeed been having a nosey over there, lots of really good stuff there like you said.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom