Custom acoustic panels

jont

Thinking of getting some acoustic panels made when I finish the media room ... but I’d like to have them made/covered with some custom canvas/fabric prints of some of my best rock shots ... anyone do custom panels that could be recommended?

heres some of my work: 131 Images - Jon Theobald

guessing I’d need to work with the supplier to give room dimensions and layout ?

sraper

Last edited:

IWC Dopplel

Distinguished Member
I think GIK do them as well

IWC Dopplel

Distinguished Member

jont

thanks folks ... working with the GIK visualisation tool at the moment so here's the room ... waiting on their feedback for panels, sizes, etc ... can then cost up against diy too ... Roomle Planner

Zombie Twin

I recently finished a couple of them, after finding the fabric designs which were printed by a local shop a while back. I knocked up the frame and put the material in it myself, and was pretty pleased with the results.

1606260628633.png

1606260678039.png

Last edited:

pugheaven

Lovin those fella... nice work love thr DieHard one

jont

Nice work ... here’s my six I just fitted ...

Attachments

• C760C6DE-5B9E-4F33-83FD-7A66ED198C48.jpeg
    C760C6DE-5B9E-4F33-83FD-7A66ED198C48.jpeg
    328.8 KB · Views: 92
  • ADF459C2-6438-45AF-8C17-BC7F63133277.jpeg
    ADF459C2-6438-45AF-8C17-BC7F63133277.jpeg
    342.1 KB · Views: 98

rpr

Who did you use in the end and cost per panel?

jont

Who did you use in the end and cost per panel?
Hi Dan ... went with GIK Acoustic in the end - was approx £125 per panel but they look great and clap test in the room sounds less bright/echo-ey already :)

rpr

I'll take a look

Kingchin

"Polyester Acoustic Panels" I recommend you browse this page promoting excellent acoustic panels for walls, ceilings and 3D. They have them in PET felt, in Polyester. Geometric and in variety of colors. I remodeled my audio room with them and it was perfect.
That link is basic thin polyester panels, it's ok for offices, classrooms, cafe's. But if your serious about sound quality in a movie or music room then you will need much thicker depth (ideally 4inchs or more) acoustic panels. With rock wool or mineral wool (though certain types of acoustic foam can be decent) behind the acoustically transparent fabric.

My own room I'm currently setting up a mixture of absorbers and diffusers. Bought from GIK acoustics, a British acoustic company with decades of experience, and a Eastern European seller. Bought 11 acoustic panels so far, not cheap but I know the quality will be there.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom