Curved TV

bogart99

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Am considering a 55in Samsung. Wife likes look of curved version. I am not sure as will be wall mounted. Only ever seen curved in shop displays on stands so am finding hard to decide if curved will look odd on the wall. Any comments.

Personally speaking, I think a wall-mounted curved screen would look odd.
Curved screens are now very much out-of-fasion, Samsung being the only manufacturer still pushing them.

This year's models are only very slightly curved so I wouldn't worry about it.

I've got a curved TV (LG OLED), and there is no way on earth I would wall mount that. Yes the curve is slight, but it is noticeable when not so flat against a flat wall...

my curved LG is wall mounted, you barely notice

Having read all the literature, pros and cons of curved v flat, I think I will stick with a flat one at this stage especially as it appears the benefit of a curved one does not manifest itself until you get to around 65in plus. Now looking for the right time to tell "the boss" my decision.

I've had a 55" 4K curved Samsung for over 2 and a half years, and although I am very pleased with it I do think the curved feature is a bit of a gimmick.
Plus it cost a fortune compared to how much an equivalent model can be bought for now.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom