1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Curtians

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by DpM, Oct 2, 2003.

1. DpM

DpM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +795
    This is one of the things I need for my new flat. I would like to get blackout lined ones but am finding it very hard to find a curtian I like. Can anyone who lives in the Buckinghashire area recomend a good place to go to for this kind of thing?
    Also am I just being to fussy wanting blackout curtians is it worth the extra cost/hastle?

DpM

2. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    John Lewis do good blackout linings for curtains. They should have someone up at Handy Cross who can help you.

3. dejongj

dejongj
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,481
    Depending on where you live in Bucks, in Harpenden there is a fantastic fabric shop that sell all kinds and can make them for you as well.
    My wife, typically, selected a fabric that had to be woven specifically on order and we had them lined with blackout lining. In addition we also bought the electric curtain tracks to finish it off nicely...
    From there on my mother in law made our other curtains...Hey she is fantastic...