Question Cursor (random movement)

Tuddy

I have a 5-year-old HP laptop running windows 10 that had to have to have a fresh install as it kept crashing/restarting. It now starts up and runs fine but the cursor has a mind of its own and doesn't always go where it should either with the touch-pad a wireless mouse or a usb mouse.

As this is annoying I've resorted to my daughter's old Toshiba Satellite (windows 7 that has a dodgy keyboard (using a usb one for this) for the past two months.
I've looked online but nothing works, for what I mainly do this old Tosh does for now. :)

Any ideas greatly appreciated but will probably try when I'm off work in a week or two, life's too short to get angry with tech.

outoftheknow

Sounds like a driver or rogue device issue. Head into device manager and look for exclamation marks against pointing devices. Download HP Assistant and check for drivers using that. Or uninstall HID compliant devices one at a time with restart each time. Devices and drivers will reinstall.

Tuddy

EndlessWaves, no I didn't. A couple of things to try thanks both. So glad I backed up a great deal of media.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom