Cursed Season 1 (Netflix) TV Show Review & Comments

20 minutes in and the fact I thought I'd see if a review had gone up says all you need to know about how engaging it is. The production values are terrible, only matched by the hopeless acting.
It reminds me of the children's TV shows I used to watch on CBBC in the 90s. Naff and cheap.

Good grief the acting is bad. The lead girl is godawful. I can't help but feel the English accents make it seem worse. It it were American maybe it wouldn't come across as so obviously bad?

20 minutes in and the fact I thought I'd see if a review had gone up says all you need to know about how engaging it is. The production values are terrible, only matched by the hopeless acting.
It reminds me of the children's TV shows I used to watch on CBBC in the 90s. Naff and cheap.

Easily the best thing about this show was that it was another opportunity for Tom to adeptly rip something apart. It almost gives me a reason to look forward to the latest Netflix dross again.

Aww I was looking forward to this for some reason (probably it's Katherine Langford....yes it's defintely Katherine Langford), even if it did seem a bit odd to focus on the Lady of the Lake. Still with my expectations adjusted maybe I can give it a go.
If nothing else, the review has entertained me.

Clearly Tom you've become the AVF review tea boy, and whilst you're off making said tea Cas and co snigger at the next list of horrendous shows and movies they're going to dump on your desk :laugh:

Classic line that.

Top review! :rotfl:

Do AVF not give you anything decent to review or do you just get the crap? :laugh:

If these are the reviews that come from it, I think everybody will want Tom to have a strict diet of Netflix crap.

But he actually asked for this one.

Thanks Tom
AND Thank you Netflix for churning out top quality crap such as this, otherwise I could not get my bi-weekly dose of Tom in full attack mode. I believe that Tom is actually part Protomolecule, as there is no way otherwise that he could tear apart something so efficiently & elegantly.

There is not the barge pole long enough, either metric or imperial, that I would touch this with.

The OA gets cancelled, yet we get served dirge like this. :facepalm:

Don't upset me. I really liked The OA, a real thinking man's show as opposed to some of the guff that rumbles on for years. Jason Isaacs always a class act as well.

Don't upset me. I really liked The OA, a real thinking man's show as opposed to some of the guff that rumbles on for years. Jason Isaacs always a class act as well.

Netflix for some reason do not seem to keep decent shows running. They seem to be quantity over quality at the moment. Cancel all the decent shows as they get to season 3 and keep bringing out new crap.

That third season was lining up to be a Jason Isaacs masterclass as well! Every time netflix release crap like this I think of the cliffhanger ending of The OA

Netflix for some reason do not seem to keep decent shows running. They seem to be quantity over quality at the moment. Cancel all the decent shows as they get to season 3 and keep bringing out new crap.

They've got their ridiculous sized audience hooked in as subscribers now; coupled with the fact that unfortunately many people just crave new stuff all the time - and the less intelligent the better - so they seem to have decided it's better for business to just keep pumping out content to keep hold of subscribers.

I've become a little bit more shrewd with my TV watching though. I have learned my Walking Dead lesson well :laugh: I normally hang fire for a season or two now, wait and see if folks here say the quality has dropped off, or indeed see if it gets cancelled. Then I know not to bother.

That third season was lining up to be a Jason Isaacs masterclass as well! Every time netflix release crap like this I think of the cliffhanger ending of The OA

I know and that was a beauty of a cliffhanger as well, I can't believe it got binned. Perhaps there's a slim bit of hope it may appear somewhere else one day....

And I'd best not get started on Mindhunter…. :laugh: o_O

Mindhunter sums it up perfectly. Intelligent character driven drama. I'm still hanging in there with the Walking Dead though! More out of obligation than enjoyment at this point.

Oh dear, was looking forward to this. Won't bother, better things to try!

After watching the trailer I knew I wouldn't like it. The main character, suppose to be the heroine, perfect skin, perfect complexion, no scars? If you can fight you must have learnt at an early age, meaning scars. Come on, give us some realism. I guess she was chosen because she's good looking, but it doesn't work.

After watching the trailer I knew I wouldn't like it. The main character, suppose to be the heroine, perfect skin, perfect complexion, no scars? If you can fight you must have learnt at an early age, meaning scars. Come on, give us some realism. I guess she was chosen because she's good looking, but it doesn't work.
She definitely wasn't chosen for her acting chops and isn't all that special to look at either. Quite a mystery how such a charisma vacuum got a lead role.

I was looking forward to this for some inexplicable reason, 20 mins in & turned it off & Turned my PS4 on & continued with the last of us 2 second play through.
cursed is Not for me & after the disappointment that was warrior nun I cant do this again.

Well I actually chose to give it a whirl as I am incredibly bored with not much to watch left.

I am going to just put some bullet points....

• Definitely feels like a rush job to get a 'current climate' friendly show out.
  • Female lead - her story just isn't that interesting so far, there's a reason the Lady of the Lake was always just a side character.
  • Arthur is mixed race. Not a problem in itself but whilst I understand this is fantasy it is full on fantasy as there are a surprising amount of African and Asian people for that particular time period in England. It feels far more like Westeros than England.
  • Lesbian Nuns - of course.
  • Male nudity fine - Female nudity no. Don't really need to see any nudity, but why is one fine but not the other? Can't use the 'teen show' excuse here.
  • Tonally completely mixed, this show covers so many genres it would probably be easier to list the ones it didn't.
  • Very weird and out of place comic panel fade outs.
  • Editing is all over the place, so many quick cuts to different places/characters.
  • On episode 5 I think and the most interesting plotline for me was over in one episode.
  • I generally love most things fantasy/Arthurian in nature so will finish this just cos.
Overall it's watchable, not particularly good, Floki plays Merlin (although not that well tbh). And none of the points I made above are deal breakers but it simply just feels like it was made to fit the current culture. Which is fine, but maybe don't use a ye olde time period where it is just completely out of place. Make up a new story.

More forced diversity from Netflix. My culture and mythologies are not for you to inject your wokeness/diversity/agenda into. #notmykingarthur

I will add another positive. There are definitely a few decent sword fighting scenes so if thats your thing. It's probably worth a watch just to see those scenes (or Youtube later :p).

Thanks Tom
AND Thank you Netflix for churning out top quality crap such as this, otherwise I could not get my bi-weekly dose of Tom in full attack mode. I believe that Tom is actually part Protomolecule, as there is no way otherwise that he could tear apart something so efficiently & elegantly.

There is not the barge pole long enough, either metric or imperial, that I would touch this with.
Can I give you two thumbs up, an extra one for mentioning the Protomolecule!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom