Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Curse you, SonicStage! I want my files back!

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Croker, Sep 11, 2005.

1. Croker

Croker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Yes, I've got a SonicStage gripe. Specifically, I was recently forced to junk my old hard drive whilst upgrading my PC (don't ask, it's a long story!)

Anyway, now I've got a brand spanking new PC, I wanted to put all my legally owned music back from my NW-HD3 to my PC. Of course, SonicStage decided that it couldn't possibly allow anything so straightforward, and said "You can't copy these files here, son...this is a different PC than the one you used to put them on the player in the first place."

I really don't want to have to rip all my CDs again...does anyone know how I can work around this and copy my songs to my hard drive?

Cheers!

2. drmoze

drmoze
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Can you go online and register your device? If so, I think you can use it with up to 5 PCs. Not sure if that also means loading songs onto it though. I haven't tried this but it may work.

Sony's protection/registration documentation may have more details on this...

3. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,312
    I've had the same problem. Thanks for the suggestion Drmoze, that sounds like it should work.