• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Currys

Churnobyl

Established Member
I was looking through the Panasonic website looking for info on the 735 model series which was currently on offer at a local store and came across the 740 series which was stated as "exclusively available to Currys" Can anyone shed some light on this?

anlygi

Prominent Member
It's sometimes beneficial too. I much prefered the gunmetal coloured bezel on my Samsung MU7070 from Currys than the silver MU7000 from other retailers.

mark abbeyman

Novice Member
Its true; Currys have exclusives! My Panasonic TX-43FX555B TV is one of them, apparently its not sold anywhere else but in Currys! John Lewis have their own exclusives too, goods of all kinds made my well respected manufacturers but showing a John Lewis badge, like their white appliances! No matter how good they might be, i always go for the manufacturers version.

Its also to cut down on people who go into their stores and have a demonstration of something they wish to buy, then they go to Argos and buy one! Its a real shame what happened to Comet because they were their main competitors! I bought many things from Comet and always got good service, but i get that from AO now. No complaints about them. I havent analysed any of their stock lines and they're not a shop in the hughstreet so i dont know right away what's theirs or made by a manufacturer.

3 years ago i got fed up buying a new PC every couple of years, i found that Windows PCs cannot handle anything like a serious music collection without crashing and losing it all, so we went into an iStore and bought a Mac and i have never looked back since! I bought a 5Tb Seagate Back-up Plus external HDD too and it is all perfect! (Seagate did a few years of development with Apple and thus their HDDs work seamlessly with a Mac - I had two 2Tb Western Digital ones that i returned because they were always failing with the mac). I made the transition to Apple quite easily, didnt take long at all and they do not have all the gubbins and trash that happens with a Windows PC. I don't do scan disk, i don't do defragment, i don't empty my temp internet folder; i don't run any anti-virus or firewall; its ALL done by Apple. I also got three years of no questions asked back-up at the drop of a hat, any time of the day or night! You will NEVER get that kind of back up on a windows PC, anywhere (go into any Dixons/Currys/PCWorld store and they don't want to know unless you're buying from them, but back-up for a Windows PC is virtually non-existent in comparison to the Mac). I see Currys sell Macs, but i would much rather go and buy from Apple themselves or go into the iStore! There is no saving going there for a mac. Apple systems are far superior! I run 2 32Gb gen' 4 iPods from 2011, they may not be covered by automatic software back-up but they still work perfectly with the software they came with. When i changed my phone i got my first iPhone and loved it right away, far far easier to operate than any android phone! Just my input.!
I bought my Panasonic 43" from Currys in the black friday event (that lasted a week) and it had to go for repair in the past fortnight to have the mainboard replaced, they had the TV for ten days. it should have been a week but when they came the first time to return it, they couldnt find it on the van! The next time they couldnt find it on the van either; because some **** put the TV in the wrong box! I finally got it back after 11 days!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom