1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Currys Panasonic Tv Complaint !!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by frampton, Sep 2, 2005.

Tags:
  1. frampton

frampton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    hi there,

ordered the panny 36 incher, and paid the £30 for installation to be delivered tomorrow. have just received a call saying i will get delivery tomorrow, but it will not be installed. have had lengthy phone calls to currys, who accept it is their problem, but will not comply with :rolleyes: the contract and install. i was hoping to avoid the lifting of the tv, and also make sure it is all ok. how do i stand. getting my mates out of the pub before the game tomorrow, and driving to me to carry it in and install it is virtually impossible. how should currys compensate me, and how should i proceed.

this has taken the edge off of my enjoyment of getting a decent tv for the first time

any suggestions

rob

2. IndianaBlues

IndianaBlues

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +355
    I'm getting mine delivered and "installed" tomorrow as well...did they specifically tell you that they weren't going to install it or did you have to question them first? They called me up earlier and said what timeframe it would arrive in, but didn't mention anything about the installation..... :eek:

Oops Edit: Where is yours being delivered from? Mines coming from Southampton for some reason, I'd have thought they'd have somewhere closer!!!!!

3. dsbaker

dsbaker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's a tough one this. Having owned this TV I can confirm it is one heavy mutha to lift and move - ideally you need three people to sort it out.

4. Nog

Nog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    IndianaBlues, how far away are you from Southampton? Currys are refusing to deliver my set 3 miles!

5. IndianaBlues

IndianaBlues

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +355
    I'm up in Surrey, according to the AA...oh wow! I never realised southampton was so close :oops: I'm actually only 40 miles, i thought it was hundreds...... :suicide:

6. frampton

frampton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    am in gloucester.......tv coming from yate....

i only found out when i asked during the call to let me know it would come tomorrow..........

small claims court beckons......they have taken my money and will not provide the agreed service....

will i get the tv into the house packaged? if not i'm let with the responsibility of getting it unpackaged and in.....im not looking forward to that if there is a problem on the horizon with the tv.......

having admitted their cockup they still want me to write and ask for compensation........no one would discuss their breach of contract!!

7. dsbaker

dsbaker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You will be very pushed to get it boxed in any car - it's huge. Don't forget the TV alone weighs 82Kg and the stand 19Kg. When I had mine delivered earlier this year it came in a van but had to be unboxed on the drive as it wouldn't get through the front door!

8. frampton

frampton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    how bigs the box then.......dont like the idea of getting it out of the box in the garden.....

9. dsbaker

dsbaker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The box had to go, it was just too big, so I don't know the dimensions. There's masses of polystyrene in there as well.

If you have French/patio doors that may be a better way of getting it in the house.

10. RMCF

RMCF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +626
    The box is 44inch (W) x 31in (H) x 31in (D).

11. FaxFan2002

FaxFan2002

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Refuse the delivery as it's not what you ordered. You ordered a TV, Delivery and Install - currys are only offering part of that. You have every right to refuse the delivery and demand a refund since currys are not supplying what you purchased. I'm pretty sure delivery and installation will be re-arranged quite quickly. If you ordered it from a store pop into the store and see the manager.

12. TankTopLover

TankTopLover

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +187
    i would tell them to sick it and go elsewere,i had problems with them too,they refused to carry a fridge freezer up some stairs to my flat as it is too narrow...i got a refund and got a prope company to do the job.No probs they just used one of those step-wheel things.