Curry's no longer price matching PriceLulu?

unbearable bob

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I emailed Curry's shopliveadmin last night, asking for a code so they could match Pricelulu for an iPhone SE 2020. I have received codes from them in exactly the same way on 2 separate occasions in the last 12 months, both times for airpods, & both times they pricematched PriceLulu. On this occasion however, they have replied stating that they no longer price match with PriceLulu, as they are unable to verify if they are a genuine UK retailer. Yet I have just seen a thread on a different forum on here, stating that Currys agreed to price match PriceLulu's price for an iPad, & this thread was dated less than 3 weeks ago, (March 6th). Is anyone aware of a very recent change of policy from Curry's regarding PriceLulu?
Or is it possible that it depends on the individual that actually replies to your enquiry? In much the same way as when I re-negotiated my Virgin Media contract a couple of months ago, whereby I only got a good deal after ringing up 3 times, & speaking to 3 different advisors, finally speaking to one that was able to offer me the kind of deal I was after.
I am more than willing to email them back with a 2nd request, unless anyone is aware of whether this is their new official policy regarding PriceLulu, in that case it would seem to be a waste of both time & effort. However, if anyone has a positive experience of getting a different response from Curry's with a different advisor regarding their price match request, I will most certainly submit a 2nd request.
Thanks in advance for any replies.

Last edited:
Why not just get it from PriveLuLu? Never even heard of them to be honest. Don't really understand price match.

Why not just get it from PriveLuLu? Never even heard of them to be honest. Don't really understand price match.
Generally it's more down to the post sales support should things go wrong, the cheaper site probably will be a nightmare to deal where as curry's will just sort it out as its not a large cost to them compared to the business being ran from their parents garage.

Generally it's more down to the post sales support should things go wrong, the cheaper site probably will be a nightmare to deal where as curry's will just sort it out as its not a large cost to them compared to the business being ran from their parents garage.
Lol. Probably explains why Curry's won't price match them then.

Because I have an existing credit agreement with Curry's, & wanted to add 2 x iPhone SE's onto that agreement.
Precisely, they also happen to stock the item I wanted for £60 less than Curry's.So if Curry's were to price match, I would've been saving £120 off Curry's RRP, & also had longer to pay it off, interest-free. My main issue was the fact that Curry's were quite happy to price match PriceLulu in November, but now 1 of their advisors has told me they no longer do so. I was just seeking clarification if this was indeed the case, or whether it would be advisable to enquire again, in the hope of a more favourable response.

Last edited:
* Update . I emailed Curry's again yesterday with the same request, & a different advisor replied with the same answer.They officially no longer price match with PriceLulu.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom