Currys no longer accepting voucher payments for mobiles online

Fade In

Apologies if this is in the wrong sub-forum, but the 'Shopping' one seems more for deals/bargains.

Bought a Currys voucher on here today to pay for a mobile phone on the Currys website as I've done probably 5 times in the past 2-3 years, including once earlier in the year.

Went to pay, but would only allow payment by card. Spoke to customer service over 'Live Chat' and apparently a few months ago Currys stopped allowing voucher payments for mobile phones. Read the terms and conditions after and indeed it now says they don't accept vouchers online for mobiles.

Very annoying. No warning of this in the months leading up to the change - generally retailers will warn of changes like this with a "we will no longer be accepting [x] as of [date]".

• Anyone else had this problem?
  • Anyone know if they'll take voucher payments for mobiles in-store still?
  • Will stores accept just the long voucher number and pin (and not the physical card)?

kungfuman

i've bought a couple of mobiles from them using gift cards as i get some discount from work scheme. that's pretty bad of them to restrict it now.

chenks

Suspended
Anyone know if they'll take voucher payments for mobiles in-store still?

Will stores accept just the long voucher number and pin (and not the physical card)?

these are questions you should probably ask Currys

Fade In

these are questions you should probably ask Currys
Well yes, but at 9.30pm that wasn't possible and seeing as so many people using Currys gift cards/vouchers on here, I thought someone may know.

kungfuman

What phone were you looking to buy out of interest? I see the T&Cs state 'certain mobile phones'

I was thinking of upgrading my iphone with them and wondering if this would be under it.

Fade In

What phone were you looking to buy out of interest? I see the T&Cs state 'certain mobile phones'

I was thinking of upgrading my iphone with them and wondering if this would be under it.
Apparently it's all phones now. Has to be placed in-store, or via the app but not online.

Tight Git

Distinguished Member
Apparently it's all phones now. Has to be placed in-store, or via the app but not online.

Pardon my ignorance of all things internet, but what is the difference between the app and online?

Or, to put it another way, how can you order "via the app" without going on line?

Fade In

Pardon my ignorance of all things internet, but what is the difference between the app and online?

Or, to put it another way, how can you order "via the app" without going on line?
You can download an use the Currys app to buy and use a voucher, but if you try using a desktop browser and visiting the Currys website, you can't use a voucher.

beemer

You can download an use the Currys app to buy and use a voucher, but if you try using a desktop browser and visiting the Currys website, you can't use a voucher.
This could be because as said earlier in the thread some companies offer discounted vouchers, and then using a browser you can get additional discounts/credits via quidco and the like, which wouldn't be available via their app

mjn

Distinguished Member
This could be because as said earlier in the thread some companies offer discounted vouchers, and then using a browser you can get additional discounts/credits via quidco and the like, which wouldn't be available via their app
When that happens the cash back is never paid. I know this as i get 8% currys via world and my Quidco is always declined.

UglyMoose

Standard Member

This workaround seems to have been plugged now, as the app now redirects to the website for phones.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom