Curry's Hitachi 42PD3000

Just got a call saying they would be here between 11am and 2pm so its now just another waiting game :boring: :boring:

Guys ive read on other threads that plasma's have test button on them so that you can check for dead pixels etc without wiring up everything apart from the power. Does the Hitachi have this?? Rather test it before signing for it

Cheers

Brian

detritus

when it arrives turn to page 7 of the manual.
there's a very small test button on the rear of the panel, just follow the instructions.
got mine just over a week ago tried the test everything perfect.

however i'm still in a dispute with currys regarding a missed delivery date. had the day off work nothing turned up so i'm chasing them for compensation.

Finally arrived about midday, guys unpacked it all and tested it all for me.

Can't remember it being that big in the shop :D :D

Had to pop out for a wee while so just about to start wiring it up.

Will post some photo's as soon as its all set up.

Cheers

Brian

detritus
Nice one m8 sorry i not posted before but i bean on a forklift truck courses and its only just ended so good look m8 get them pics acomeing

Hows it coming along Detritus ??

I've gotten over the initial paranoia of SKY logos. Havent seen any persistence or screen burn at all yet. Still on 30 % contrast though.

Must say Ninja Gaiden on the xbox looks nice fed through component

Now if only I could activate 720p and 1080i on the tuner box

Hia Duke,

It's going bloody marvellous. As you say kind of got over my initial worry of screen burn, even got the mrs trained to use screen wipe.

I also play the PS2 through component as well and its great, along with the wireless controller i can quite happily sit and play in my bed :D

I promise to get some pics up of my set up once i get my camera back :rolleyes:

Brian,

Do you use the Tosh DVD through component? If so do you have to keep unplugging it to put the PS2 into it?

I couldn't even contemplate pulling my tuner box out to try and get to the back of it, too much hassle fitting it in the cabinet in the first place!! Luckily my little old Dreamcast uses the svideo socket on the front flip down panel, I'll have to sort something out when I eventually switch to an Xbox though!!

I don't even think about screen burn/image retention now, not seen any sign of it at all.

Stef

This is where i most likely will look stupid pretending to now what im doing and talking about :blush:

Got the Tivo, DVD and Cable all plugged in via the Scart plugs. The PS2 is plugged in via the AV4 socket (the one with 5 plugs).

Cant say ive even seen any screen burn at all, but i am getting very paranoid about the grey cloud that is effecting others, keep looking to see if i can see one :eek: :eek:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom