• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Curry's Hitachi 42PD3000

D

detritus

Hi all,

Finally the paperwork came this morning for the credit agreement for me plasma :clap: :clap:

That'll be in the post within the next 10 minutes.

was just wondering how everyone else who took up on the £2,404 deal is getting and whether anyone actually has their plasma or at least a date for it to be delivered.

Cheers

Brian

SLIM

i hade my reicipt come to day for my screen still no date on deliverey

duke748

Ordered on 26th - Money taken 30th

No communication of any kind ( email - phone - letters ) from Currys at all apart from a security check which they did on the 27th.

If I didn't check my egg would never have known they'd taken the money

jmac

Distinguished Member
i would of got one of them but they put the price way back up to 3499 :(
anyone know of any other deals on a 42" i`m looking to spend 2500 with wall mount.

cheers

SLIM

any of you hade ure reicipt's yet as mine come @ 8 am in the post
think im going to be looking @ next week for it to be delivered

voyager7

I had a receipt and delivery docket from Currys come thru the post 8 days ago, but as yet no delivery date confirmed by e-mail or telephone...

duke748

My receipt arrived this morning

Legally, Are they not supposed to send the goods 1st before taking your money ?

I'm not too bothered about this as by taking the money they have now made a contract with me and will have to supply me that screen at that price. Just thinking about using as leverage if needs be

SLIM

yer ure get the screen m8 thay just dont have any in stock i was told there on a fast order naw are something like that

Stefan_Tapp

I've also managed to finally get through to the delivery department after ringing a number, then another number, then another number, then another number,.................................

.............and was also told they are on forward order (out of stock), but they will call as soon as stock arrives (they don't know when that'll be!).

The correct number for chasing orders is 0870 609 0765 in case anyone wants it.

:(

Stef

D

detritus

Cheers Stef,

That number will be alot of use shortly ;)

Keep telling myself to stop getting excited as it may be a long time before i see it :(

Brian

duke748

In that case they will have to supply the equivalent which would be a new pd5000 with the tuner box when it comes out next month.

I can wait either way though

D

detritus

Wouldn't that be nice if we were to get the 5000 one instead :D

Here's hoping

Brian

LV426

Administrator
Staff member
(Cynical flippant comment) Currys are probably waiting for the price to drop to GBP2000 before ordering them and shipping them out.

DSG Stores: Never knowingly oversold. We regularly check other retailers' prices to ensure that we are maximising the profit we make from our customers. However, we acknowledge that we don't always get this right. If you see the same product on sale elsewhere at a higher price, just tell us, and we'll increase our price to match.

duke748

Whatever they do they only have 28 days to do it as that is what they stated ( Max 30 days under distance selling legislation )- though I don't know wether that is from Date they took the money or date order placed

chris

Originally posted by duke748
In that case they will have to supply the equivalent which would be a new pd5000 with the tuner box when it comes out next month.

I can wait either way though

I very much doubt they would do that.......
I would think, they would either offer you a full refund or offer you the newer model, but at a higher price.

there is nothing in their T&C's which says, if we cannot supply the item, we will upgrade it with the newer version.

The only way i could see you getting the newer model is if you had the 3000 and it developed a problem and they could not repair it or get a replacement.

voyager7

Went into my local Currys today and asked how long it would be if I ordered a new 42pd3000 today, and they told me it would be about 3 weeks & Definately in stock @ Hitachi...

B

bobbypunk

everyone else seems to have stock.
SUPRISINGLY IT'S THE ONES WITH THE BEST PRICE THAT HAVEN'T.
My Plasmas are 1 pence when I haven't got any!!
You have no rights other than your money back they can cancel at any time or offer you an alternative at their normal price.

duke748

Your wrong in the fact that having taken the money they have entered into a legally binding contract to supply the goods.

Its very hard for companies to try to wriggle out of this try as they may

M

morphman

My cash has now been taken.

Waiting for a phonecall regarding delivery now.

Has been nearly 3 weeks since I ordered.

D

detritus

Checked my credit card this morning and my money was taken on the 4th Feb so now it's just a case of waiting i guess :boring: , gathering from what the rest of you are saying.

detritus

D

detritus

Just phoned up and was told to call back next week as they'll have more details then.

Anyone else had any news yet??

Cheers

detritus

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom