• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Curry's Don't Know their LCD's from their Plasma's!

spinaltap

Distinguished Member
Just goes to show that Curry's haven't a clue about what they're selling...

They have a full-page advertisement in today's Daily Express relating to the all-new Panasonic TX26LXD60 '26" High Definition Ready Digital Plasma TV' for £999.99 (available in-store now).

Reaperman

:rotfl: ....
And to think I have just ordered a new Dishwasher from them......will end up with a Fridge being delivered.....:rolleyes:

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
petsim24 said:
I'm not leaping to the defence of Currys or anything, but they could well have got the information from Panasonic. The Panasonic website seems to state that the tv has a "G9 Progressive HD Plasma Panel". http://www.panasonic.co.uk/lcd-tv/tx26lxd60/index.htm Unless I've misunderstood what the G9 plasma panel is.
G9 Progressive HD Plasma Panel
Panasonic UK are the biggest bunch of idiots i have ever dealt woth only saved by the fact they have exclusive rights to market Matsush*ta products in the UK

Yes the Panny site is WRONG MUPPETS

Hello :hiya: All monkeys :hiya:

They've also mixed up the screen size, the 26" model page quoted states it's got a 32" screen :oops:

DRAMBO

hornydragon said:
Panasonic UK are the biggest bunch of idiots i have ever dealt woth only saved by the fact they have exclusive rights to market Matsush*ta products in the UK

Yes the Panny site is WRONG MUPPETS

Hello :hiya: All monkeys :hiya:

Agreed!!!:oops:

hornydragon said:
They seem a bit inept to me, I was trying to get the firmware upgrade for the DVD-S97 player (which they have now discontinued :rolleyes: ) because I wasn't pleased with the image quality and they told me that the unit would have to be returned to them so a service engineer could press the secret button combination that would tell me what firmware version was already loaded :rotfl:

So in the end I just went onto AVSForum.com and used instructions and a firmware file that was designed for the American model. Problem solved.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom