Currys / Comet prices??

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by SmokeyBubbles, Dec 18, 2006.

1. SmokeyBubbles

SmokeyBubbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Hi Guys,

Looking to purchase Sky HD for Christmas and wondered if anyone knew whether Currys or Comet still offer half price Sky HD? I called Currys and they confirmed that they offer it for £150 + £30 deposit +£30 install fee = £210. Is there anywhere that can beat this at the mo:confused:

Anlways looking for the bargains:devil:

2. Throttle

Throttle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Theres Pc world aswell which is part of currys so id guess same deal but could always phone to see i suppose :rolleyes:

Im after getting rid of my Tv drive asap so i think after xmas i'll get rid of all the channels and pay remaining months of the box off then hopefully sky will get Sky Hd priced at £150 on there site rather than just in currys/pc world as id assume there wont be much new customers after xmas :)

3. bertmarshall

bertmarshall
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    my wife phoned up sky yesterday. £199 including fitting which will be thursday. :clap:

4. robzter

robzter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    can i ask how u got it for 199>????
    we are fighting sky now on the phone to honour us as we bought our tv from Currys Online and they are charging us 299 !!!
    we are on the phone to cancel our subscription now ..that always seems to work.. there pirates!!

5. SmokeyBubbles

SmokeyBubbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Nice one - I am really looking to pay around £150ish but £199 does send tempting:hiya:

Anyone else with the inside track know of any deals before the dreaded Xmas? If not does anyone think there will be some better deals in Jan sales? (hpefully stating the obvious!!)

6. SmokeyBubbles

SmokeyBubbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Does not sound good to me robzter:thumbsdow Perhaps you cannot get the same deal because you are already a customer.

I bet the threat of cancellation will help :devil: - Let us know how it goes!

7. robzter

robzter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    we cancelled and they didnt bite the barstewards!! we will see what happens.

8. mistycat

mistycat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you pm me tonight, I had an offer today directly from Sky for 149 with no install fee, and Christmas install depending on where you live. You need to pm for the code. It came from someone at Sky I know as an intro a friend of an employee offer.

9. robzter

robzter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    please post if this works for anyone esp existing customers.

10. Perry103

Perry103

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ordered SKY HD at Comet on Tuesday, was buying a TV so went for the cheap deal.

Ended up paying £149 inc installation and didn't go for multiroom so thought I was going to get charge £60 install but didn't!

Had it installed this morning.

Perry

11. bertmarshall

bertmarshall
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My wife managed to get it for £199 after explaining that we had bought an expensive tv just before the world cup. She asked if we could get a better deal if we got the full package. This is the first time that we have had sky. Roll on thursday!!!

12. doony

doony

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got it from Currys, £150, installed this morning, and didn't get charged install :thumbsup:

13. borofoga

borofoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Did you buy a tv?

Which branch of Currys was it?

14. doony

doony

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a tv with Currys online, but when I told this to the guy instore, he didn't really care whether I'd bought a tv or not, didn't ask for proof of purchase or anything

15. simon194

simon194

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +222
    I've got my HD install tomorrow after having to wait over 5 weeks.

It was the Currys £149 deal when you by a TV over £169. Free installation because I have multiroom.

16. bertmarshall

bertmarshall
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well the £199 seems too good to be true. Yesterday we received the contract and viewing card. Today we have received a letter confirming that they have taken £299 + a 1 off fee of £50 :eek: . no idea what this is for. the wife has been arguing on the phone with some right pratts who just insist that we cancel. But I do not want to. I want sky HD for the £199 fully inclusive that we was offered it at. Does anyone know if this is actually legal?. The lad (jamie) that my wife spoke to must surely be fraudulently be changing the amount for maybe more commision. We are now awaiting for the promised phonecall that I am sure that we will not get.:mad:

17. sparky1708

sparky1708
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Interesting thing....went into Currys today with a voucher to get the halfprice HD box. I paid the £30 fee to Currys and went home to complete the transaction with Sky over the phone. I expected to pay £180 adding to the £30 already paid. Phoned Sky and they asked me for only £119 because apparently installation is now free for both new & existing customers. I didnt take multiroom either. Seems like i was lucky today :clap:

18. doony

doony

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Same thing with me, I was quite shocked when I didn't get charged installation :)

19. bertmarshall

bertmarshall
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    mrs has got it sorted bless. after 1.5hrs on phone we now have it installed at the price we was quoted. She spoke to a lovely lass called zoe who wangled it all and got us sorted out. The bloke who cocked it all up is in the firing line as they know who it is and it is against company rules. As new customers to sky I now am very pleased at the way this was sorted out. just have to wait for a footie match now...:clap:

20. borofoga

borofoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    bought a tv today from comet and got sky hd multiroom.

Paid £30 to Comet and £119 to Sky and free install.
    Arranged installation for 2nd Jan 07.
    Comet also gave me a promotion code (Not sure if the mods will let me print it here) to quote just in case the Sky operator did not have a clue.

Sky just wanted my receipt number and store number.

Offer end sunday 24/12/06

I bet even a bette offer start on 26/12/06 :rolleyes:

21. anroob

anroob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I called in my local currys digital (dixons), hoping they were in a generous xmas mood, to find out what their version of the price list fiasco for an upgrade to $ky HD would be.
    Told them i was not interested in buying a HD screen as i already have one -
    for HD upgrade plus new $ky+ multiroom I was quoted full price £299 for HD box + £60 install, + 2x £10pm extra subs, but $ky+ box was free! :confused:
    as stated by the manager free installs were only for new customers, even with multiroom. :confused:
    OK, at £299 plus 2x £10pm they were sticking to the script but i'm not sure the rest was right :confused:
    Is there a definitive price or can they all make it up as they go ?
    Sorry about all the :confused: :confused: :confused: but is there anyone who is not ?

22. Mighty Gaz

Mighty Gaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    for HD, install is free for customers who are taking out an extra subscription, that is adding an extra box, of any kind, or who already has more than one box. i will gaurentee this 100%.

if you can tell me what you have already, and what you intend to have after install, i will give you what the prices should be. and if need be, if you can give me the store that told you this rubbish, i will call them myself and shoot down their idiocy.

may be more questions from me to confirm what i tell you is right.

23. anroob

anroob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi gaz, was hoping you would be floating around the forum, seem to be the only one talking consistant sense.
    I currently have just basic box which i would like as freesat in back bedroom.(point of interest-would this count as multiroom, or only if paying £10pm subs)

Would want to have new - HD upgrade where old box was and multiroom $ky+ in daughters bedroom.

(another point of interest- as current dish is at the back and new boxes are wanted at the front, am i more likely to get a long run of new cables across the back,along side and across the front of the house or a new dish on wall right outside of new boxes ?

thanks in advance for any light you can throw on this. :clap:

24. anroob

anroob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Sorry, forgot to say was currys digital in Sittingbourne High St.(Kent)

25. Mighty Gaz

Mighty Gaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sky wont install this extra box for you unless you are gonna take multiroomn and pay them the £10 per month. so in your case, there would be an install charge. are you buying this as part of the tv attachment deal, that is buying a tv over £169 and as such getting the HD box for £149? reading your post again, i dont think you are. so £299 + £60 install is right. however your monthly increase would be £10 more than you pay now for the HD subscription, your sky+ subscription being free. obviously if you took multiroom this would add another £10 per month, but then the £60 install fee would vanish.

and no, you wont get a new dish. well not officially anyway. some may do that for you, but officially the existing dish will be used and cable run from it.

26. anroob

anroob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    hadn't thought of moving old box to bedroom,so not in shop calculations.

if i understand this right, costs will be -
    £299 for new HD box plus £10pm HD subs
    £??? for new +box plus £10pm multiroom subs
    £60 to move old box for freesat (or free with another £10pm multiroom subs)

as this set up will need octo lnb is there an extra charge to upgrade this ?

starting to look expensive without any deals from kindly shop or price drop from $ky !

27. mastermax

mastermax
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    skyhd is a rip off. £10 a month for hardly any hd content. Wait a couple of years when the prices drop and the HD content increases!!! Makes sense!!

28. Mighty Gaz

Mighty Gaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you think prices will drop? dream on! in aqmerica HD has been in operation for many years, yet the prices are pretty much the same as skys. in some cases depending on the provider it costs more.

29. borofoga

borofoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I have a normal digibox at the moment and wanted to keep it as freesat box.

I bought a tv yesterday and ordered Sky HD with multiroom. I wanted the following setup

room 1: Sky HD, room2: Sky +, room 3: freesat

Was told by sky it would cost £119 for Sky HD box (£30 already paid to Comet) with free install and my existing digibox would be used as multiroom.
    I would then have to pay £99 for the sky + box and a further £60 install to have the afforementioned setup.
    This i would have to do buy phoning the Sky sales department on another number and therefore another transaction.

The lady at Sky (I wont name her) said that was the only way to do it and she couldn't do it altogether otherwise i wouldn't be able to take advantage of the half price sky hd offer.

Is this correct?