1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Curry's Big Worry's

Discussion in 'TVs' started by muttley, Mar 14, 2003.

1. muttley

muttley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I BOUGHT A THOMSON 52 INCH REAR PROJECTION TV FROM CURRY'S AND TOOK THE DEM MODEL AS I WANTED TV FOR LEAGUE CUP FINAL AND THEY COULDN'T DELIVER UNTIL TUESDAY AFTER THIS EVENT. MY FRIENDS BROUGHT IT HOME IN A VAN FOR ME AS I AM DISABLED , AFTER A FEW DAYS USE I STARTED TO NOTICE A NUMBER OF FAULTS IE IT KEPT TURNING ITSELF OFF FOR NO REASON,HALF OF ONE OF THE CASTERS WAS MISSING,THE SCREEN WAS BADLY SCRATCHED AND IT WOULD NOT HOLD RGB SIGNAL FROM DVD RECORDER TO NAME A FEW.PHONED CURRYS TO COMPLAIN AND ASKED THEM TO DELIVER A NEW SET WHICH THEY AGREED AND A DELIVERY DATE WAS SET. WHEN THE DELIVERY DRIVERS TURNED UP THEY REFUSED TO CARRY TV UP FIVE STEPS OR TAKE THE OTHER SET AWAY PHONE CURRYS BACK AND THEY SPOKE TO THIER DRIVERS WHO AGREED TO TAKE SET OFF VAN BUT NOT TAKE IT UP STEPS AND THEY SAID THEY WOULD TAKE FAULTY SET AWAY IF I GOT IT TO THE BOTTOM OF THE STEPS I COULD NOT GET ANYONE TO DO THIS FOR ME AND I COULD NOT DO THIS MYSELF AS I SAID I AM DISABLED SO I PHONED CURRYS BACK AND ASKED FOR REFUND AND THEY REPLIED THAT I COULD ONLY HAVE A REFUND IF I RETURNED SET BACK TO SHOP BUT I TOLD THEM AGAIN THAT THERE DRIVERS WOULD NOT TAKE IT SO THEY SAID NO RETURN NO REFUND I THEN HAD TO HIRE A VAN AND DRIVERS TO TAKE THE TV AND TAKE IT TO CURRYS AT A COST OF £20 WHICH CURRYS REFUSED TO REIMBURSE ONCE I ARRIVED WITH THE SET THEY EVENTUALLY REIMBURSED ME BUT ONLY AFTER A LOT OF SHOUTING AND ARGUING SO NOW I HAVE NO TV TO WATCH AND I AM £20 OUT OF POCKET THE CURRYS BRANCH WAS IN SPEKE IN LIVERPOOL AND MASTERCARE ARE THE DELIVERY AGENTS SO NOW I HAVE TO GO OUT AGAIN TO LOOK FOR A NEW TV AND I AM APPALLED AT THE WAY I WAS TREATED AND WILL NEVER SHOP THERE AGAIN

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    I agree that you have been treated badly, but dont blame the drivers, they have very strict working regulations the advert on TV is very misleading though isnt it.
    I would say use a local dealer who can offer a more personal service and set it all up for, cost afew quid more but worth it in the longrun lack of hassle for a start. Or buy online and get a couple of mates to set it up for, with th emoney you save you buy them a crate and watch the game together. hope this helps and remeber as it might be very frustrating its not the end of the world.

3. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    By all means SHOUT at Curry's, but please, not at us :nono:

4. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,613
    muttley ou break two forum rules. First you SHOUT in your post. Typing in all upper case is considered rude.
    Then you make a criticism of a retailer without at least using your real name in your signature.
    I personally have no doubt your complaint is genuine and I sympathise with you. But read the rules, please, and you will see that we require your name so we can (if we want) verify you are not a competitior of curries making up the story to give them a bad reputation.

5. muttley

muttley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My name is Frankie Martin as for typing in upper case letters i apologise as i didn't realise until i had sent the post in as i was tired after running round after currys all day as for being a competitor of currys then no i definitely am not . I was just warning people about the way currys are i didn't want anyone else being stung by them regards frank

6. Desticado

Desticado

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    answer is simple.

Look at the tv's in Curry's then go home and order off the net with your credit card. You'll probably save your self several hundred pounds that way. Enough for you to 'tip' the delivery guys £50 to carry the TV up the stairs un box it and take away the rubbish I'd wager.

7. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why does everyone who shops at Currys/Dixons/Comet always say the same as the above yet they're still the biggest electronics retailers in the UK :rolleyes:

8. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am on my 8th tv in 18 months. All from Currys. hey all had the usual faults scrolling bars, bad focus etc) each time currys has delivered a new set, taken it upstairs and set it up. Then taken the old one away. I cant praise them enough. And before anyone asks, I have NO connection to Currys at all. Great service

shaun:smashin:

9. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301