Currys 5 year guarantee?

TheCrow

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Has anyone who's purchased a TV from Currys including a 5 year guarantee actually received any comfirmation they have one?
I bought a LG OLED55B6 from Currys a while back which was advertised as including a 5 year guarantee, but none of the sales paper work from them mentioned it.
When I registered it on LGs website it stated 12 months parts and labour only, so I contacted Currys and the person I spoke to said he was entering the gaurantee details on the system and I would receive some paper work in the post.
After two weeks and nothing through the post I contacted them again and went through the same thing and they said to give it a month for the paperwork to arrive.
I am now begining to question whether I am actually going to receive my 5 year guarantee.
Anyone else bought a TV with a 5 year guarantee from Currys and received actuall confirmation it exists?

Hi,yes having the same problem have contacted curry's twice and have been assured the 5 year guarantee is entered on my TV but still have not received any paperwork,will wait for a few days and then make a formal complaint,h hope you have better luck,regards tony

Same here. Ordered on the 3rd, delivery the 4th. Still no paperwork. I emailed a week ago and will be following up tomorrow. It's like pulling teeth.

I had my c6 for a few months, Currys have told me twice they have sent out the 5 year warranty paperwork but I still haven't had it

When I bought my ef950 last year, there was a lg registration phone number in the box. When I rung them they recorded the fact that me as an individual had it guaranteed for 5 years, they did not record or want the tv serial number.

Does anyone know the details of this 5 year guarantee? Is it insurance company backed? do you get a replacement TV if it can't be repaired? are there limits to the number/cost of repairs?

I bought my C6 in store and I've got nothing to prove it has a 5 year guarantee either. In store they just said it's logged on their system. That said, all their TVs have a 5 year guarantee now so they'd struggle to argue against it!

I bought my C6 in store and I've got nothing to prove it has a 5 year guarantee either. In store they just said it's logged on their system. That said, all their TVs have a 5 year guarantee now so they'd struggle to argue against it!

Actually so did I, I must phone them and find out what the craic is?

I think it's an lg guarantee. Shops pretend it's theirs to make you buy from them

This is all very confusing.
When I have spoken to Currys they have claimed to be entering information into their system to enable the gaurantee for me, the last time I did this I asked who provided the guarantee and was told it was LG but they fill the forms in as they are rather compicated and involved so they are doing me a favour?
When I have contacted LG about this they tell me I have a 12 month gaurantee and the extra 4 years are provided by the shop, so one of them is obviously incorrect.

When i spoke with lg last year he was going to put me on the 1 year until I told him I had bought it with 5 year, so I don't think they automatically give you five.

Finally received a reply to my emails. Paperwork should be received within 45 days after purchase.

Well it has been over 45 days for me and I have received nothing, despite the promises received during my two calls to Currys!
On both occasions I have spoken to LG they tell me if I bought it from Currys then LG only provide one years warranty and the other 4 should be covered by Currys themselves.
The lack of any paperwork from Currys does not feel right to me, what proof do we have that we bought the TV with a 5 year warranty? How do we know the terms of this warranty? i.e. what is and what isn't covered?
I think Currys are just giving me BS when I talk to them and I have decided to make a complaint about them.

I received nothing automatically. Chased via email (Currys Business as they set me an account up in store when I bought TV). Letter came out within a week confirming warranty. Dont have it to hand as at work.

You guys get this sorted?

I tried to call them a couple of weeks after getting the TV but never got through. Just tried again and the guy didnt have a clue but said that if it was 5 years it would be with the manufacturer...then he tried to transfer me and LG was shut so it hung up!

I'm sending an email now to Currys.

After buying in store one of the receipts said 5 year guarantee so I have just kept that.

I asked in Currys about the 5 year TV warranty and they showed me a leaflet comparing the 5 year free cover to their own extended paid for cover. The important part for me was that the free cover had unlimited repairs and replacement if it could not fixed. Of course they were trying to sell me their own warranty, which to be fair has things like a time limit for repairs (14 days I think), a loan TV and accidental damage, but i didn't ask the price. As to who provides the free 5 year, I'm still not sure, the Currys rep and the LG rep were saying different things.

Hi, I also got a 5 year guarantee and didn't receive any paperwork but what I did find was that when I ordered the TV the salesman took my email address - this had the bonus of emailing me a receipt but it also seems that my warranty is visible on their website:

https://knowhow.com/uk/repair-and-protect/careplans.dhtml

So, if currys have your email try getting a password for that site and see if anything is shown.

I didn't get anything with my purchase from 3-4 months ago.

Last time I spoke with Currys, which was about 1 month ago, they assured me they would get the 5 year warranty added and I should receive confirmation of it.

Obviously, that is too easy, so I have not had anything. I just asked for it to be confirmed to me in writing, something so simple seems very hard for them to do (and is common judging by this thread!).

Hmm,

I won't be giving up on this if they won't send me anything then I will be wanting a refund as I signed up for a tv with a 5 year guarantee

If you are happy otherwise, then fill in a bad trust pilot review and they will probably get back to you. The salt is real there, loads of 1 star reviews, and it looks like someone from Currys will drop you a proper contact email address you can use as well.

I've had my c6 for 3 weeks now and haven't registered it with LG yet.
Bought online so don't even have a receipt. Aren't all curry's tvs 5 year warranty now? It's been highly advertised so no way they could wriggle out of it in my opinion without getting trashed by trading standards

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom