Currys 5 year guarantee?

k17chy, were you able to get a voucher to use online? I've been given the run around all week waiting for an online voucher. If so how long ago did you get it and how long did it take?

I've been told its a new process so that only began on Monday, so far they have told me each day this week that I should get it that day, but right now no code and no idea when its going to be sent. CEO team are the ones dealing with it but not impressed with them so far, they dont seem to have any idea when or even if I will get it

k17chy, were you able to get a voucher to use online? I've been given the run around all week waiting for an online voucher. If so how long ago did you get it and how long did it take?

I've been told its a new process so that only began on Monday, so far they have told me each day this week that I should get it that day, but right now no code and no idea when its going to be sent. CEO team are the ones dealing with it but not impressed with them so far, they dont seem to have any idea when or even if I will get it
Yes got the voucher with in a few hours of the email yesterday. New tv ordered around 6pm yesterday and arrived first thing this morning. Voucher was only to the value for a like for like replacement. So I paid £2700 for my c7 but only received £1989 because thats how much a new c9 is currently.

Last edited:

please let us know the outcome i'm in the same position been given a voucher by the CEO team but told i have to wait for the store to open, i contacted them to suggest the e-voucher but they told me there is no such facility in place ?

They have put in a new system now for eVouchers, I'm still waiting however for a code, not sure what the hold up is given that K17chy got his within a few hours on Wednesday. Been waiting since Monday, phoned everyday so far and still no code, lots of excuses.

No problem, looks like my code hasnt been sent again today so have to wait until next week and begin chasing again 😡. CEO team said others had received codes pretty quick and don't have any clue why mine is taking so long. Apparently they have to send the store codes to India for them to generate a web code!!

No problem, looks like my code hasnt been sent again today so have to wait until next week and begin chasing again 😡. CEO team said others had received codes pretty quick and don't have any clue why mine is taking so long. Apparently they have to send the store codes to India for them to generate a web code!!
Couger UK, did you have any joy with the voucher yet?

Hi, yes finally got it sorted, took a little longer than it should, got lost somehow so the CEO team re-submitted and it came through next day. Given the current situation Curry's did come through in the end

Hi, yes finally got it sorted, took a little longer than it should, got lost somehow so the CEO team re-submitted and it came through next day. Given the current situation Curry's did come through in the end
Good news thanks for the update, i will have to persist with them iv'e emailed the ceo team twice and their still insisting its not possible to issue a voucher that can be used to order online.

I purchased a Brabia in July 2015 so it's still covered by the 5 year gaurantee and now its flashing red and doesn't work. I tried calling Currys today and went through the options then when I selected option 3 for it being a Sony product the message reads I need to contact Sony. So just to clarify if anyone knows, will Sony or Currys themselves be preparing for if they need to replace my tv? I couldn't get through to Sony as the office is closed today being a bank holiday.

I purchased a Brabia in July 2015 so it's still covered by the 5 year gaurantee and now its flashing red and doesn't work. I tried calling Currys today and went through the options then when I selected option 3 for it being a Sony product the message reads I need to contact Sony. So just to clarify if anyone knows, will Sony or Currys themselves be preparing for if they need to replace my tv? I couldn't get through to Sony as the office is closed today being a bank holiday.

Same options with Samsung.
I just waited and didn't pick any, or the last option, JVC or something.
Went through to a person at knowhow and got it all sorted

I posted early on on this thread and I registered my LG OLED with ‘KNOWHOW’. A friend has just bought a LG and wants to know how you register the 5 year warranty. I cant see a knowhow website anymore. What is the procedure at the moment to register the 5 year guarantee? Thank you.

When purchasing my tv from Currys in 2018 along with my receipt I received a printed slip same dimension as my till receipt and attached to it saying.
Congratulations! Your television comes with a 5 year Team Knowhow guarantee
You can obtain full terms & conditions by visiting www.teamknowhow.com/myplan using your receipt number to create an account. I don't remember creating an account at the time
I went to their site today and the only purchase that is mentioned is a dvd player purchased 2019.
Will my receipt and the attached confirmation of guarantee be accepted as my guarantee?

Could someone please advise if, when a TV is returned to Currys for repair (2015 55EF950v) whether a replacement tv is offered during the repair period. Being told on phone that repair times are currently extended, possibly up to a month, but they can't leave us with a replacement set.

Could someone please advise if, when a TV is returned to Currys for repair (2015 55EF950v) whether a replacement tv is offered during the repair period. Being told on phone that repair times are currently extended, possibly up to a month, but they can't leave us with a replacement set.
Nope. They don't offer a loan tv.

Has anyone who's purchased a TV from Currys including a 5 year guarantee actually received any comfirmation they have one?
I bought a LG OLED55B6 from Currys a while back which was advertised as including a 5 year guarantee, but none of the sales paper work from them mentioned it.
When I registered it on LGs website it stated 12 months parts and labour only, so I contacted Currys and the person I spoke to said he was entering the gaurantee details on the system and I would receive some paper work in the post.
After two weeks and nothing through the post I contacted them again and went through the same thing and they said to give it a month for the paperwork to arrive.
I am now begining to question whether I am actually going to receive my 5 year guarantee.
Anyone else bought a TV with a 5 year guarantee from Currys and received actuall confirmation it exists?
purchased a top of the range TV 5 years ago included in the purchase was a 5 year extended warranty covered by Curries themselves and details of this were stated on the reciept including a ref. number on the 22nd of October 2020 the screen on the TV failed I went in to currys and requested a replacement receipt as I had lost the original and I had no idea what date I had purchased the TV they were very obliging and supplied a copy as requested the receipt clearly stated the date of purchase and the end date of the 5 year warranty which was 31st October 2020 I was still just inside the warranty period by 9 days I immediately registered the defect with KnowHow and 2 days later it was picked up the courier I was then notified by currys by SMS that it had arrived at their workshop and I would be notified by SMS in 7 to 10 days on a return delivery or if in the case if a "beyond repair” a gift voucher would be issued to settle the claim, on the 3rd November 2020 I recieved an SMS showing a curry's gift voucher with the exact price that I had payed 5 years ago, all in all a very little problem experience with only a few provisors which were, the ref. number shown on the original receipt which relates to the extended warranty is an absulute must have, and trying to contact curries (Teesside park) is simply a no no, contacting Curries KnowHow people is even worse still I travelled from my home to teesside park 4 times which is a round trip of 35 miles each time.
When I purchased a replacment TV also from teesside park I asked for and was dealt with by the section manager as I had noted that there was no advertisements relating to extended warranty but I was able to purchase a breakdown insurance I rejected this he then told me that the 5 year extended warranty was added to the serial No of my new TV at purchase but it is not shown on your receipt as it used to be he could;dnt tell me why or where I could find it but if it is there I will find it.
Regards

Just bought a CX. Same issue. The site said 5 years guarantee but I have no proof it exists....

Just bought a CX. Same issue. The site said 5 years guarantee but I have no proof it exists....

If you just purchased it then you have a 5 year warranty. Your receipt is your warranty and proof of purchase. It's not for you to prove otherwise.

If you just purchased it then you have a 5 year warranty. Your receipt is your warranty and proof of purchase. It's not for you to prove otherwise.

There is nowhere that says it? The general yerms and conditions say 12 months.

There is nowhere that says it? The general yerms and conditions say 12 months.

Well thats a fair point. However your not dealing with the Mafia anymore because Currys have moved on a lot since those days.

They offer 5 years on most high priced items and unless they said otherwise upon purchase they are bound by it.

Well thats a fair point. However your not dealing with the Mafia anymore because Currys have moved on a lot since those days.

They offer 5 years on most high priced items and unless they said otherwise upon purchase they are bound by it.

I've spoken to.currys twice and they didn't have a clue. Saying I need to talk to the manufacturer. LG just says 12 months.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom