Quantcast

Currys 5 year guarantee?

Harlem

I called up today regarding a 2.5yr old Samsung TV.
They couldn't find my warranty as I never registered but did it for me there and then. Having the TV collected on Thursday and hopefully unfixable by the Wednesday after :rotfl: :rotfl:

L0thari0

I currently waiting for a response back from Currys after they fixed my oled and delivered it back to me damaged.
They offered to fix it again but with a possible lead time of 42 days and a £20 voucher as compensation I refused.
I Said the tv wasn't leaving my house again as I had no confidence in there delivery and repair teams. I suggested they order a panel and fit it at my home. This was 11 days ago.
how did this go?

Dan T

They are not taking the set away again because they don't know there arse from they elbow.
Second that. Team Knowhow are a bunch of major league amateurs. Absolutely shocking outfit. I very much hope I never again need their 'help'. Currys need to kick these crooks into touch.

MaryWhitehouse

Second that. Team Knowhow are a bunch of major league amateurs. Absolutely shocking outfit. I very much hope I never again need their 'help'. Currys need to kick these crooks into touch.
Lol it's just part of Currys. They've always been bad, no idea why anyone buys from them.

Dan T

Lol it's just part of Currys. They've always been bad, no idea why anyone buys from them.
Yes I realise that, but nevertheless Currys need to sort out this area of their business - the department known as Team Knowhow. Speaking only for myself, I used Currys because they were the only company who could supply me with a flat OLED65950V back in 2016, and my recent replacement set obviously came from them so I'm still locked-in. For better or worse people do use Currys and it's hardly their fault for not realising that the warranty team are worse than useless.

k17chy

Distinguished Member
Well I have no choice as my set is broken again. Same fault as before sound but no picture. Picking it up on Saturday. Reminded them that the damage they caused last time they had it still needs fixing. Really can't be arsed with all this atm.

k17chy

Distinguished Member
Just an update. They attempted delivery today but yet again it arrived damaged. This is the second time it's arrived damaged. Looks like it's been dropped on the top left corner. I refused to accept it and sent them packing. Took over an hour to get through to them and because is a "free 5year warranty" they can repair my set as many times as they like with no replacement or refund.
IMG_20200325_151342_211.jpg
IMG_20200325_151342_220.jpg
IMG_20200325_151342_217.jpg

Last edited:

Dan T

Took over an hour to get through to them and because is a "free 5year warranty" they can repair my set as many times as they like with no replacement or refund.
Yes I had the same story multiple times but, funnily enough, the 'CEO Team' overruled every single one of the muppets in the work of a moment. The way these guys handle customers' TVs is incredulous!

This is how they first returned my 65 950V, still with a bad OLED panel. Then when replacing the stand they drove the screws into the back of my TV with power tools and wrecked it;

1.jpeg

k17chy

Distinguished Member
Yes I had the same story multiple times but, funnily enough, the 'CEO Team' overruled every single one of the muppets in the work of a moment. The way these guys handle customers' TVs is incredulous!

This is how they first returned my 65 950V, still with a bad OLED panel. Then when replacing the stand they drove the screws into the back of my TV with power tools and wrecked it;

View attachment 1273474
How did you get in touch with the ceo team? I asked then to escalate it higher but got fobbed off with they can repair it as many times as they like.

Dan T

How did you get in touch with the ceo team? I asked then to escalate it higher but got fobbed off with they can repair it as many times as they like.
The resolution to my situation starts at post #354 in this topic. Don't bother escalating with the Team Knowhow people. They are useless and will just give you the runaround in the hope you lose the will to live. They do NOT care. It's a sport to them. Even if you broke down in tears on the phone you'd just have some robot reeling off the terms & conditions.

k17chy

Distinguished Member
Just had a phone call from the CEO team. They are writing off my set and issuing a voucher. Only snag is I have to wait for the stores opening again which could be a while.

Dan T

Just had a phone call from the CEO team. They are writing off my set and issuing a voucher. Only snag is I have to wait for the stores opening again which could be a while.
Wow that's great news. You must be happy with that. Shame about the stores being closed, though! It's a shame the vouchers have to be redeemed in-store and can't be used to order online.

k17chy

Distinguished Member
Wow that's great news. You must be happy with that. Shame about the stores being closed, though! It's a shame the vouchers have to be redeemed in-store and can't be used to order online.
Happy but I'll wait till I know how much the voucher is for.

Dan T

Happy but I'll wait till I know how much the voucher is for.
I'm reasonably confident that you'll be pleasantly surprised. Mine was very generous. More than enough to cover a new TV and compensate me for my troubles. I wish you the best of luck. Keep us posted! :thumbsup:

Metallifux5150

Standard Member
Think I'll try to claim on the warranty when the current situation is over. I have a lovely Good Morning Britain logo burnt on to my B7.

k17chy

Distinguished Member
I'm reasonably confident that you'll be pleasantly surprised. Mine was very generous. More than enough to cover a new TV and compensate me for my troubles. I wish you the best of luck. Keep us posted! :thumbsup:
I have requested an e-voucher as it could be months before the stores open. They have offered me £2000. This will buy a new c9 but I'm losing £700. Not sure what I should do.

Edit. Contacted the CEO team again and told them I wasn't happy With the amount. Basically told that they cover like for like and that's it. So I've just got to suck it up.

Last edited:

k17chy

Distinguished Member
Voucher code issued and tv booked for delivery tomorrow. Not ideal with the current crisis but I'd rather get it now then Currys go under and be left out of pocket.

staffy 2

Shame it wasn’t a cash refund as the E9 is £1999 at Peter Tyson but I’d be happy under circumstances with getting a new tv tomorrow