Quantcast

Currys 5 year guarantee?

JACKERL360

Having trouble with Currys honoring the 5 year warranty...

Bought a £2k TV from them in Dec 2016

Needed to be repaired in 1st year.

Now there is a bleed issue - contacted them and they sais my 5 year warranty was with Samsung.
Contacted Samsung and they said it is with Currys.

No one wants to take responsibility for the 5 year warranty!!!!

Anyone else have simular troubles that can suppy tips on getting it resolved?

Regards

J

sagaris99

Having trouble with Currys honoring the 5 year warranty...

Bought a £2k TV from them in Dec 2016

Needed to be repaired in 1st year.

Now there is a bleed issue - contacted them and they sais my 5 year warranty was with Samsung.
Contacted Samsung and they said it is with Currys.

No one wants to take responsibility for the 5 year warranty!!!!

Anyone else have simular troubles that can suppy tips on getting it resolved?

Regards

J
Consumer law is quite clear in this area, shame to hear that Curry's are up to their old tricks again

Assuming that when you bought the TV, Curry's advertised a 5 year warranty and didn't make it clear that it wasn't with them, it was with Samsung, it's quite clear - Simply put - your contract is with the retailer, or supplier of the goods - not the manufacturer. I hope/assume you have proof of purchase and somewhere on there, there's mention of the warranty? Assuming you do, and the warranty is with Curry's, you don't have any need to contact Samsung - that's their job

Kaisah

Novice Member
Been in touch with curry’s knowhow via email. They want me to pay them £95 to take the tv away and review it, then they’ll refund this if they find an issue? I need to give them a call to discuss..

Is this normal? Can’t imagine having to pay anything if it’s in warranty

JACKERL360

Well - after going back and forth.

Currys have now decided that the 5 year warranty is their responsibility - as Samsung said.

See if they can fix it.

IMG-20190926-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20190926-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20190926-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20190926-WA0001.jpgIMG-20190926-WA0003.jpg

JACKERL360

UPDATE...

TV was written off, voucher issued for just under £1200 issued - paid just under £1900 for TV in Dec 2016

65" LG C9 being delivered tomorrow.

mareen

Does anyone know the phone number to Currys 5 year plan? My Sony TV just went bust with 6 red lights. Calling Curry's but their automated system is saying call Sony?

MOOGLEYS

Does anyone know the phone number to Currys 5 year plan? My Sony TV just went bust with 6 red lights. Calling Curry's but their automated system is saying call Sony?
I have used these and got through to someone you might need to go through the usual faff of options etc....

0800 049 0221 or 0371 376 9318

deon444

Distinguished Member
Sometimes Sony sets are not covered by currys and Sony themselves cover the 5 year warranty.

But best to ignore the option to call Sony and just get put through to someone you can talk to. Do you know if it's a currys knowhow warranty?

As when my Af9 got a fault I rang them and they said I need to call Sony,I said no I didn't as it was a knowhow warranty and was over a year old.

mareen

Yes, this is correct! Called currys whom put me in touch with Sony and on the phone they said it is not fixable and replaced the set. New 2019 model is arriving soon.

Kaisah

Novice Member
Bit of an update on my light bleed issue... First manifested back in September time but its taken me a while to get in touch with Curry's (first child born etc!).

Im pretty sure I have/had the 5 year guarantee but cant find anything stating this. Gave knowhow a call and they agreed to collect it and fix it. Reckon they are collecting Thursday and getting it back to be by the following Tuesday.. No mention of warranty or that I need to pay them a £95 fee as mentioned in the email. Hmm. See what happens!

Kaisah

Novice Member
UPDATE...

TV was written off, voucher issued for just under £1200 issued - paid just under £1900 for TV in Dec 2016

65" LG C9 being delivered tomorrow.
What was the reason for write off? Light bleed full stop or the amount of it? Mine is being collected in a few days for an approx 8cm long area of light bleed just to the right of the Samsung logo at the bottom of the screen. Wonder if they will fix it or scrap it too? How did they arrive at the £1200 value? Sorry for the multiple questions :)

Flugel Hound

Guys - did anyone get anywhere trying to get Currys to show proof of the 5 year warranty? All I have as proof of this for my PANASONIC - TX-55GZ950B is a screengrab of the website. NOTHING with the TV etc.

TheCrow

Guys - did anyone get anywhere trying to get Currys to show proof of the 5 year warranty? All I have as proof of this for my PANASONIC - TX-55GZ950B is a screengrab of the website. NOTHING with the TV etc.
I eventually got a letter from them with the details on it. Link Here

JACKERL360

What was the reason for write off? Light bleed full stop or the amount of it? Mine is being collected in a few days for an approx 8cm long area of light bleed just to the right of the Samsung logo at the bottom of the screen. Wonder if they will fix it or scrap it too? How did they arrive at the £1200 value? Sorry for the multiple questions :)
They wrote it off because they could not repair it.
I think the screen is now obselete.

They will give you a write off figure based on the price of a similar TV with near exact specs, in my case, an equivalent TV was 1.2K.

My guess is, they will scrap yours as well.

Kind Regards

J

Kaisah

Novice Member
They wrote it off because they could not repair it.
I think the screen is now obselete.

They will give you a write off figure based on the price of a similar TV with near exact specs, in my case, an equivalent TV was 1.2K.

My guess is, they will scrap yours as well.

Kind Regards

J
Strangely, they fixed it! Got it back yesterday. With what appears to be a new screen in it. Light bleed has all gone now. Mine was the 49" version so im assuming yours was a larger panel, which may be harder to get hold of

deon444

Distinguished Member
I got mine 2 weeks after asking for a receipt and paper warranty

devlino

Mine was 5 years 11 days, rang ready to argue but they took it away, put a new screen in (47" 730v) took a week, brought it back yesterday, don't know whether to be happy or sad as I was ready to buy a C9, can't fault the curry warranty though.

Dan T

I'm currently having a nightmare with Currys and Team Knowhow. They are beyond inept. My 65EF950V OLED went back after four years as the panel had seriously degraded and had awful vertical banding. A catalogue of collection and delivery errors have followed, but the main technical highlights are;

Panel replaced with a new one. TV returned beaten up, covered in mud & grease. An irreparably damaged stand assembly with a courtesy footprint emblazoned across it for good measure. TV sent back again. TV returned to me with new stand, but on investigation the panel is the worst I've ever seen, with terrible green/pink tinting and greyscale blooming in the corners. On top of that, when they replaced the stand that they smashed up, they drove the screws into the back of my set with a jackhammer and they now have to be drilled out in the workshop. MASSIVE amateurs.

TV is back with them now but I have no faith in them at all. I'm now three weeks into this debacle and my TV is in a much worse state when it all started. At every step of proceedings, both Currys and Team Know-nothing have been worse than useless, and have treated me and my TV with contempt. I've had empty apologies and been lied to, deceived, and given the general runaround as though I'm the problem. And they point-blank refuse to replace the TV even in light of their catastrophic blunders. They are a nasty organisation, and their 5-year warranty is next to worthless.

AVOID.

ristac

@Dan T This is exactly how I imagined it would be and why I would never use them, I've always been happy with Richer Sounds and John Lewis. I'm not claiming Curry's are bad, I just have it in my head that they would be and these kind of horror reports just confirm my fears.