Currys 5 year guarantee?

Not wanting to confuse matters, and I don't doubt all that @Smiffy 2 has said, but when I queried the care plan for an LG OLED I was interested in recently I was told the care plan went on top of the 5 year warranty, not that it negated it. :confused: If I cancelled the care plan, even after a month, then the 5 year warranty was still in place. The first years worth of warranty is supposed to be with LG, then the remainder is with Currys. The consensus of opinion on this matter really seems to be all over the place.

Not wanting to confuse matters, and I don't doubt all that @Smiffy 2 has said, but when I queried the care plan for an LG OLED I was interested in recently I was told the care plan went on top of the 5 year warranty, not that it negated it. :confused: If I cancelled the care plan, even after a month, then the 5 year warranty was still in place. The first years worth of warranty is supposed to be with LG, then the remainder is with Currys. The consensus of opinion on this matter really seems to be all over the place.

I can categorically state that this goes against what I was told by "Angie" at KnowHow.
The whole thing seems a bit of a farce.
What I'm still annoyed about is that the guy instore was adamant that the 5 year warranty was offered by LG themselves.
When I rang about it, I was told that the only manufacturer that offered their own 5 year warranty was Sony. The rest were Curry's add ons.
More training required methinks.

I can categorically state that this goes against what I was told by "Angie" at KnowHow.
I don't doubt you, mate.

The whole thing seems a bit of a farce.
What I'm still annoyed about is that the guy instore was adamant that the 5 year warranty was offered by LG themselves.
When I rang about it, I was told that the only manufacturer that offered their own 5 year warranty was Sony. The rest were Curry's add ons.
More training required methinks.
It would seem you get a different story from the floor staff, Know How and customer care. So the question is what is the actual truth? :confused:

I agree with you completely, the whole thing is farcical. Important matters like these should be clear and the policy should be consistent across all staff. Currys really need to address this issue as soon as possible.

I received my paperwork from curry’s today just says covered till 2023 and a load of what’s covered what isn’t.

My 12 months is up this week, so I felt I best do due diligence on this 5 year warranty. Its all happy days when you purchase it, smiles and giggles. Well, the honey moon is over in a few days, so I thought, ok I ordered online, so I'm sure it will be there, some evidence.... NOPE!

So I then think (as others had done) it must be with LG!!! I remember a slip in the box!!! Sure enough, i look in the box and see the LG FREE WARRANTY card.

Login into LG and sure enough, there is my TV, 12 months parts, 12 months labour... hummmmm (suspicion).

So using LGs chat, the lady confirms my 12 months is with LG, and my 5 year warranty was with currys, and that i should have received documentation since I ordered online, via email.

Check emails, NOTHING, no mention of a 5 year warranty anywhere!

LG gave me a number for KnowHow, after what seemed like 20 questions and button presses, I finally got through to a chap. Gave him some details and he confirmed I had 5 years warranty. Asked if he could send me some out, he said yes in 14 days. As to if it will arrive... who knows!

Have I done all I can do? Should I go into the store local to me to see if they can confirm its registered etc? Ive a feeling ill be fobbed off.

Since he said I was registered, should I be able to login to KnowHow site somehow? I don't have an account there, but it asks for a reference and surname... a surname I have, a reference number? Nope. So I try my order number, NOPE, its limited to 6 characters.

Of course, some guy over the phone saying, yes your covered, alls good isn't enough for me.

Ha. I’ve had a very similar experience. I frantically checked a while ago. Eventually customer services replied and said I had 5 years warranty. So I thought that was proof enough.

Alarmingly, my OLED developed a fault a couple of weeks ago (about 8 months in). Stuck pixel. LG are sorting now, but makes me anxious about further problems outside of the 12 months.

Ha. I’ve had a very similar experience. I frantically checked a while ago. Eventually customer services replied and said I had 5 years warranty. So I thought that was proof enough.

Alarmingly, my OLED developed a fault a couple of weeks ago (about 8 months in). Stuck pixel. LG are sorting now, but makes me anxious about further problems outside of the 12 months.

I have a bad luck with thing dying at 00:01 on the start of year 2. So I’ve called, emailed, Facebook messenger.

They say there is an issue with the know how site with no eta on a fix. They are going to confirm via Facebook messenger that I’m covered. And then I guess wait for the documents.

I purchased on credit card so, I think should the worst happen I can take it through them?

Ever the pessimist! But it pays to be!

What was the LG fix experience like, we’re you without TV for long? Did they come pick it up? My LG C6 65 I couldn’t imagine getting the out myself. When my sammy 51 had issues, they wanted me take it to Birmingham repair centre about 20 miles away! Crazy!

Like I said it’s alwats smiles when you hand over your hard earned, when something goes wrong... the fun stops!

That said, my personal experience with curries customer services has been great! So far... you can see my profile pic of the b6 I had that had issues in first 3 weeks, had money off a C6 larger screen :)

It’s ongoing. Been a bit of a faff. Had to call up, then they said I had to run pixel refresher three times in a row. So three hours later... called them back.

Then they wanted photographic evidence and some general pictures to show there’s no physical damage to the TV. They’ve given the job to a repair company, who are saying it needs a new panel, and the wait time for the panel delivery is 1 month :-(

Yeah sound as painful as I imagined. Good they are honouring it though. Losing your primary tv is a catastrophe!

I just got a reference from them and confirm over FB messenger I’m good till 2022. Not sure how strong that evidence is if I need to call upon it!

Hopefully they email me and send me the docs

Just to add my experience to this

Bought my C6 in store in October 2016 with free 5 year warranty. I also took out the Care Plan at around £8pm just to get me home against accidental damage.

I went back in store sometime later as I had received no warranty paperwork. I was told that as long as I had registered on the Knowhow website(which I had) all would be good. Looking on that site only ever showed the Care Plan.
I eventually cancelled the plan and when I look on Knowhow now it shows my 5 year warranty expires in Oct 2021.

I have never had any warranty paperwork.

I can't even log on to Knowhow :-(. Go on here: Team Knowhow, check the "Need help finding details" link and then correlate with my email receipt. But just doesn't work.

Yeah I cant either . They told me the site is broke with no ETA on fix yesterday.

They emailed my warranty document today and says I’m good till 2022, gave me a 6 digit reference which I assume I need for the knowhow and to claim on it if needed.

As I was on there to get the link, I had a look at mine and the 5 year warranty for the C7 I bought in August last year wasn't showing. I've just called them on 0344 561 1234 (option 3, hold, then option 3 again) and they have added it on and will be sending the paperwork out in the post.

Just following up on this. Pleased to say that my warranty paperwork turned up over the weekend.

It's still not showing on the KnowHow website, but now I have a hard copy I'm not worried.

Had my C7 for 8 months and got a stuck pixel at the bottom of the screen. Had it repaired (new panel) and two weeks later I've got another one. I did want to buy the TV and just enjoy it, even if it gets fixed I'll just be panicking about it happening again. Is there any way I can pursue some sort of refund, or do I just need to go through the repair motions again?

Venturing towards Curry's taking over the warranty. So increases the worry!

I inherited my Dad's old LG 49UB850V TV 6 months ago, he got it from Curry's with the 5 year warranty, I'm not so worried about verifying the warranty as I can get this done once I get hold of the receipt - Or escalating it to their CEO if needed.

My question is has anyone ever had a new panel replacement due to vignetting in the corners? It started off small and now in the top right corner it's gotten worse and now has started in the top left. I've read mixed things online that some people have managed to get a replacement panel, some getting a new TV with others not getting their TV repaired.

The TV is 4 years old and I would've thought getting a replacement panel now would be difficult.

T.I.A

Holy thread resurrection.

The side of my LGC6 is shimmering so popped into the branch. They were very helpful. Called know how and a chap called Addy couldn't have been more nicer. 5 year warranty confirmed and a pick up booked for Monday.

I'm wondering if they will be able to replace the panel now though seeing as it's a couple of years old...

Addy seemed positive and I'd rather have another C6 due to the curve and 3D capabilities.

Thoughts?

The side of my LGC6 is shimmering so popped into the branch. They were very helpful. Called know how and a chap called Addy couldn't have been more nicer. 5 year warranty confirmed and a pick up booked for Monday.

I'm wondering if they will be able to replace the panel now though seeing as it's a couple of years old...

Addy seemed positive and I'd rather have another C6 due to the curve and 3D capabilities.

Thoughts?
I believe that people have been getting panels replaced with NON 3D screens ,so beware !

Thoughts?
My EF950V panel was replaced a few weeks ago; TV is 3 years old.

When my LG E6 screen broke they were waiting on parts.... anyway two weeks later (after they’d announced the E7) I was told I’d be issued vouchers to buy a replacement!

Walked into store and ordered a nice new E7 :)

The chap also threw in 4 HDMI leads and a few over extras. (I know their leads are meh but didn’t pay for them so thought why not!)

I believe that people have been getting panels replaced with NON 3D screens ,so beware !

If they replace it with a curved/non curved non 3D screen there will be trouble. In that case I will want a voucher to redeem against a new TV in store.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom