Currys £49 +HD offer

bobbytoad

Established Member
Reaction score
Currys - or whatever the high street name is for the store formerly known as Dixons - but are as equally useless...

Anyways back on topic they has anyone taken out the £49 Sky HD offer with free install (package supposed to be sold with a new TV but they're ignoring that)

seemed clueless in store beyond the ‘u wann-it yeah or nah'

I was wondering if you would benefit from the sky 1 month get out clause, or as its a cheapo deal whether you're tied in for a year - tough luck?

Seems a good offer none the less? is there anything/catches i should look out for?

Last edited:
Yes. My girlfriend signed up for this (without buying a TV). Tied into a 12 month contract. New user etc.

Install was Sat just gone - Amstrad box. She is extremely happy with the install.

Cheers, Bradders.

does Sky HDservice include BBC HD and ITV HD ?

Only bbc hd @the mo, itv should be soon, but we havent got a date for it yet.

does Sky HDservice include BBC HD and ITV HD ?

You can get BBC HD and CH4 HD on a Sky HD box, you can't get the very limited ITV HD as that is a 'press red button' service exclusive to Freesat at the moment. Oh yes, you can get Luxe HD too, all the other HD channels are dependent on a Sky HD subscription. HTH.

ATB

Max

Not ITV HD yet. Anyway, it's not a HD 'channel' as such, just the occasional programme offered via the red button on Freesat.

so is this £49 offer open to existing customers and does it include the install fee ??

cheers

new customers INCLUDING installation - Tues is the last day
offer seems to be if you buy a tv, but this is being dissregarded in store!!!

new customers INCLUDING installation - Tues is the last day
offer seems to be if you buy a tv, but this is being dissregarded in store!!!

Of course they will, they will get commission from sky for every install.

have any existing customers bought this at all then ?

Comet store does the same deal. I bought the deal from Comet store. £49 for the dish and the receiver + free installation, on top of that you have to take one of the Entertainment mix for £16.50 and £10 HD pack as a mandatory to get the SKY offer. This offer is for new customer only, for 12 months conract. Now I've calculated this to work out as £368 in total yearly for new customer like my self. Is this offer any better then the offer by Tesco Direct with one off payment of £194?

Last edited:
feb09.jpg

Sky HD £49 plus free instalation, existing and new customers - HotUKDeals Forum

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom