• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Currys £49 +HD offer

bobbytoad

Currys - or whatever the high street name is for the store formerly known as Dixons - but are as equally useless...

Anyways back on topic they has anyone taken out the £49 Sky HD offer with free install (package supposed to be sold with a new TV but they're ignoring that)

seemed clueless in store beyond the ‘u wann-it yeah or nah'

I was wondering if you would benefit from the sky 1 month get out clause, or as its a cheapo deal whether you're tied in for a year - tough luck?

Seems a good offer none the less? is there anything/catches i should look out for?

Last edited:

Braddersmd

Yes. My girlfriend signed up for this (without buying a TV). Tied into a 12 month contract. New user etc.

Install was Sat just gone - Amstrad box. She is extremely happy with the install.

Cheers, Bradders.

Bachstrad

does Sky HDservice include BBC HD and ITV HD ?

You can get BBC HD and CH4 HD on a Sky HD box, you can't get the very limited ITV HD as that is a 'press red button' service exclusive to Freesat at the moment. Oh yes, you can get Luxe HD too, all the other HD channels are dependent on a Sky HD subscription. HTH.

ATB

Max

kenedin

Not ITV HD yet. Anyway, it's not a HD 'channel' as such, just the occasional programme offered via the red button on Freesat.

Mystic27

so is this £49 offer open to existing customers and does it include the install fee ??

cheers

bobbytoad

new customers INCLUDING installation - Tues is the last day
offer seems to be if you buy a tv, but this is being dissregarded in store!!!

potshot

new customers INCLUDING installation - Tues is the last day
offer seems to be if you buy a tv, but this is being dissregarded in store!!!

Of course they will, they will get commission from sky for every install.

Atomic_guy

Standard Member
Comet store does the same deal. I bought the deal from Comet store. £49 for the dish and the receiver + free installation, on top of that you have to take one of the Entertainment mix for £16.50 and £10 HD pack as a mandatory to get the SKY offer. This offer is for new customer only, for 12 months conract. Now I've calculated this to work out as £368 in total yearly for new customer like my self. Is this offer any better then the offer by Tesco Direct with one off payment of £194?

Last edited:

New Start Neil

Distinguished Member
feb09.jpg

Sky HD £49 plus free instalation, existing and new customers - HotUKDeals Forum

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom