Currently what is the best bluetooth headset available

dean_ham

Guys what is the best bluetooth headset for under 20 squid.

After reading the posts there are mixed reviews about the ps3 headset.

Does this mean the Gioteck EX-01 is the one of choice.
Or Logitech Vantage Bluetooth Headset?

All i want a comfortable, good quality, good clarity headset.

Cheers guys.

Decadence1

Well I use the official sony headset and can recommend it fully. Comfortable and great sound quality. Also the big mute button on the front is excellent. It has a HQ mode which ups the sound quality. :smashin: Another great thing is you can use it while it's charging in its dock. :thumbsup:

dean_ham

Ok guys the official one it is then - just thought it was a bit of a let down reading what people are saying?

Cheers guys

CptSupermarket

Standard Member
I personally use the logitech one mentioned above and find it comfortable and good quality clear sound so would recommend it. Bought for sixteen quid off ebay and didnt get the official as had heard it was uncomfortable for long sessions. Since made two or three new ps3 friends who use the official for long gaming sessions on mag and uc2 with no complaints.

cols

Well I use the official sony headset and can recommend it fully. Comfortable and great sound quality. Also the big mute button on the front is excellent. It has a HQ mode which ups the sound quality. :smashin: Another great thing is you can use it while it's charging in its dock. :thumbsup:

actually, this is something i've been wondering about... how do you use it as a standalone mic when it's in its dock?

I use it on my ear usually then pop it in the dock when i'm not using it, so it's switched off and charging. Is it still picking up comms from me then? :confused:

Rottie

actually, this is something i've been wondering about... how do you use it as a standalone mic when it's in its dock?

I use it on my ear usually then pop it in the dock when i'm not using it, so it's switched off and charging. Is it still picking up comms from me then? :confused:
Just keep the mic in the "ON" position when you stick it in to the charging cradle.
One thing I would caution is don't put the charging cradle too close to any other audio sources (TV speakers, etc) as when I inadvertently did this, I was greeted with a healthy portion of feedback.

Spacedeck

Comfortable and great sound quality

Very clear sound yes but I'm not sure it's just me but after sometime using it your ear will start to hurt a little so then you should switch it to the other ear.

Decadence1

Putting it in the dock turns it automatically off. Turn it on whilst it's in its dock and it will pick up your voice. :smashin:

Very clear sound yes but I'm not sure it's just me but after sometime using it your ear will start to hurt a little so then you should switch it to the other ear.

Yeah it I guess it does get a little uncomfortable after a while, just switch it onto your other every once in a while and it's fine. :)

Last edited:

dellboy1234

Standard Member
Guys what is the best bluetooth headset for under 20 squid.

After reading the posts there are mixed reviews about the ps3 headset.

Does this mean the Gioteck EX-01 is the one of choice.
Or Logitech Vantage Bluetooth Headset?

All i want a comfortable, good quality, good clarity headset.

Cheers guys.

I bought the orb a few days ago and it was faulty so i took it back and bought another one and tht was faulty so whoever reads this :lease:Dont buy an orb:spam:

Apnomis

I too use the Official one and highly recommend it. Regarding the comfort factor you just have to remember that it's not designed to be inserted into your ear canal (as apparently some people try to do! :eek:), it's just suppose to rest on the edge of your ear...

antacid

Datel Wireless Bluetooth Gaming Headset for Sony PS3
**BRAND NEW & IN STOCK**
SKU-158-EBAY1.gif

Additional Information
Offering the ultimate in comfort, reliability and performance, our brand new PS3 Wireless Gaming Headset uses authentic Bluetooth technology to relay crystal clear sound back to your PS3. The 30ft range gives you complete freedom to get on with your gaming without the distraction of wires or the worries of a dropped signal.

Featuring a powerful noise cancelling codec that greatly reduces distracting ambient noises this headset will ensure that your instructions are received loud and clear. Add to that an adjustable boom, up to 8hrs continuous talk-time and touch button volume controls and you’ll see why we’re calling this the ultimate PS3 gaming headset!
SKU-158-EBAY2.gif

Features

• Comfortable over-the-ear design with padded earpiece for extra long gaming sessions!
  • If you are serious about gaming, this is the totally wireless solution!
  • Designed specifically for PS3 gaming so no ‘low Audio’ problems found with small ‘On Ear’ headsets
  • Unique Noise Cancelling Codec ensures crystal clear, full and lifelike communication
  • Full Bluetooth operation with up to 30 feet range
  • Fully rechargeable design with built-in lightweight Lithium-Ion battery
  • Adjustable boom microphone - fits either ear
  • Up to 250 hours standby and 8 hours talk-time from a single charge
  • Charges directly from your PS3 using the cable supplied
  • Volume control + and – touch buttons
  • Also compatible with most cell phones
  • Supports all Bluetooth V2.00 + EDR functions and options like Voice Dialling*
Link - Datel Wireless Bluetooth Gaming Headset for Sony PS3 on eBay (end time 06-Dec-09 13:18:57 GMT)

chaosrealm

highly recommend the Official PS3 mic superb quality :smashin:

antacid

LOL Antacid, are you on commision mate? :rotfl:
I wished :D I'm just trying to get people who ask for headsets which is the best to get one of these, I've had mine and used it alot for over 4 months and not one bit off trouble from it :)

EwanSuttie

Standard Member
I currently have my PS3 set-up at my desk rather than my living room. Are there any headsets for me or will they all just just get awful feedback from the speakers (which are about three feet away from my head)?

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom