Currently looking for a new ISP

knautia

Standard Member
Hi i have been on BT option 1 for 4 years /cry just for the cheapness but it wasnt that bad tbh but i think they have changed their deals i was on 30gb a month and they have changed it to 10 gb a month and didnt warn us i now have a £26 bill >.> so i thought i may aswell change ISP's seeing as the only other option they have is the unlimited which will cost me £30 a month which i dont want to pay.

I have been looking around my available ISP's and BE has catched my eye looked at some reviews and i dont know anymore if i should get it or not apparently its been getting loads of drop outs and crap connections but other posts say it works like an angel for them and well one of my questions is if anyone is using them how do you find them?

And also if any of these others may be a better choice:
AOL (lol)
Bulldog
O2
Orange
Sky
Talk Talk
Tiscali

I was thinking of getting virgin media till i found out their ridiculous throttles they have introduced. Any feed back would be appreciated. :)

V6CMG

Novice Member
Hi i have been on BT option 1 for 4 years /cry just for the cheapness but it wasnt that bad tbh but i think they have changed their deals i was on 30gb a month and they have changed it to 10 gb a month and didnt warn us i now have a £26 bill >.> so i thought i may aswell change ISP's seeing as the only other option they have is the unlimited which will cost me £30 a month which i dont want to pay.

I have been looking around my available ISP's and BE has catched my eye looked at some reviews and i dont know anymore if i should get it or not apparently its been getting loads of drop outs and crap connections but other posts say it works like an angel for them and well one of my questions is if anyone is using them how do you find them?

And also if any of these others may be a better choice:
AOL (lol)
Bulldog
O2
Orange
Sky
Talk Talk
Tiscali

I was thinking of getting virgin media till i found out their ridiculous throttles they have introduced. Any feed back would be appreciated. :)
I would go for o2 i have it & no probs good customer service & only £9.79 a month unlimited (upto 20mb) if you can it where you live & be a o2 mobile customer to get it for that price you can be on a month plan or pay as u go customer...

Carl

accyuklad

Banned
show your stats and i give a look of what you would get around of speed

o2 is very good for heavy and non heavy usage and good for gaming online

Mikeybloo

Novice Member
Whatever you do, don't go for Orange...if anything goes wrong, you get no help from the Indian call centre, I end up telling them what i suspect problems might be

Stuey1

I think the best place to start looking at what you can get would be by doing an exchange search on:

www.samknows.com/broadband - it is only worth going with O2 if you are able to get the LLU package which is up to 24Mb/s or with BE which is also owned by O2 as i have heard that the problems with O2 are when you are using the BT equipment at the xchange where O2 are just selling it on.

I am currently with BE broadband and get around 17Mb/s download and 2.1Mb/s Upload speed. Im sure if you post the results of your exchange search on here then some people will be able to give you some opinions and reviews of there experiences with whats available to you.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom