Current TV’s with DTS decoder

KBD

Yeah, I have fiddled around with Kodi trying to get 5.1 sound to my TV & it's funny, if you have a 5.1 signal & the Kodi is set to Stereo, the volume is reduced, as if those extra channels are just omitted.
I had to run a 3 Meter HDMI to my TV to get Surround-Sound from Kodi on my PC.

jimgallaher

Basically as @dion 6 says. Assume the Firestick will do this too, but I use a vero 4K+ box. Basically, it converts the DTS to lossless PCM which your TV forwards on by ARC\eARC
I believe the Vero uses OSMC , do I have to instal an app on it or will it play media files .mp4 .mkv etc natively ? I’m not really up to speed on these things, I’ve always used the built in apps on smart TVs to play media(movie) files.

ChuckMountain

Distinguished Member
I believe the Vero uses OSMC , do I have to instal an app on it or will it play media files .mp4 .mkv etc natively ? I’m not really up to speed on these things, I’ve always used the built in apps on smart TVs to play media(movie) files.

OSMC is an open-source media centre and is basically an OS for Kodi. It does have its own skin for Kodi but basically, it's a Kodi box. You don't need to install anything other than possibly the latest version which will be automatic after following a prompt. A little bit of configuration to point out where you media and set the display resolution etc. There are lots you can customise but you should be able to get up running pdq.

jimgallaher

Thanks for that. I checked out the link you sent and I can get the Vero 4K + for £107. I’m gonna get one ordered and see how it goes. Thanks again 👍

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom