Current Steam Deals - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Member 328449

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
as long as its a wired 360 controller you wont need anything else if youre on a recent version of windows, if youre on a older one, you might need a driver.
if its a wireless one, you will need a microsoft wireless receiver that plugs into your PC. you cant use the charging cable from teh xbox either as it wont work either.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-Wireless-Gaming-Receiver-Windows/dp/B000MGVAAQ
there might be cheaper ones but atleast you know what youre looking for

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
looks like it'll only work with a microsoft xbox controller as I can't get it to work with mine and I've never had a problem with it before, also the cdkey for multiplayer they game me keeps getting refused. So far a load of ****** and highly annoying I ain't buying an xbox controller just to keep this game happy

Just use pinnaclegameprofiler or xpadder and map the controls for your controller. :smashin:

Just use pinnaclegameprofiler or xpadder and map the controls for your controller. :smashin:
I will be looking at this pinnacle,but at the moment all the games on offer that i wanted work with the pad,i hope this is the future and most new games will come with pad support.Also i bought the wireless connecter and my wireless pad button won't work and only connects to my xbox,i could use my sons but he will moan so i will have to get a new one.

I will be looking at this pinnacle,but at the moment all the games on offer that i wanted work with the pad,i hope this is the future and most new games will come with pad support.Also i bought the wireless connecter and my wireless pad button won't work and only connects to my xbox,i could use my sons but he will moan so i will have to get a new one.

I'm not sure the law allows you to upgrade a son for an non-moaning version like that :D
(sorry, couldnt resist:devil:)

A lot of new games seem to have decent pad support, and pinnacle is a good, but complicated, program.

I use the official and user made profiles for the program, but I'm yet to find a profile for GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas that uses the triggers as accellerate and reverse, and the A button as handbreak.
I have tried programming it myself, but I get a little confused. A good guide would be helpful :)

tris

Really wish I'd got Batman now, lol.
Nvm, it should be in the Xmas sales too :)

Bought Machinarium today. Loving it so far!!! Really good game. Can recommend.

Don't think I've seen a game this beautiful for ages.

I am pleased to say that Pinnacle is very rarely needed these days. Most games support the 360 pad out of the box. :)

What is your wireless pad not working with?

I am pleased to say that Pinnacle is very rarely needed these days. Most games support the 360 pad out of the box. :)

What is your wireless pad not working with?
The button you use on the pad to connect to the xbox is not working,its like there is no movement,so when you try and press it there is no indication on the pad.

Send the pad back to the retailer. Or you could contact MS direct and they will probably send you out a free pad without the need to return your current pad. :)

Microsoft use to do a Free Pick up and drop off service, they did when i had a faulty Mouse, very fast service as well.

Send the pad back to the retailer. Or you could contact MS direct and they will probably send you out a free pad without the need to return your current pad. :)
From what I've experienced they will ask you to send the controller to them where they will send you a new one if faulty. I've had a new controller, headset and memory unit from them (IIRC.

I like the sound of the free pad,:devil:,i will pass this message onto the mrs along with the phone.:D
If not its off to costco,thankyou for your help:smashin:.

Just a thought on pads:

Currently, when I want to use my GH drumkit for MIDI, I use a program that converts gamepad inputs to MIDI.

Surely there is a program out there that would allow you to assign an ASCII key to each button/trigger, then you could just match it up in-game?

I like the sound of the free pad,:devil:,i will pass this message onto the mrs along with the phone.:D
If not its off to costco,thankyou for your help:smashin:.

Costco are amazing on returns. You will have no issues there on getting a replacement or your money back. :)

Costco are amazing on returns. You will have no issues there on getting a replacement or your money back. :)
I think it will be the best thing to do as i bought the wireless dongle for my laptop to use at work :devil: and have not been able to use it.
Also it will be nice to have one pad for the xbox and the pc:smashin:.

Today's deals in a nutshell:
L4D2: £3.75
COD4: £10 (bloody cheek)
Wings of Prey £10 (Looks good graphics-wise)
Supreme Commander 2 £2.50
Galcon Fusion: £1.75
Kings Bounty:pE £7.50
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light: £5
GTA4: Episodes from Liberty City £6.80
Indie Pulse Pack: £4

L4D2 is an obvious buy, unless you already have it or stocked up on thurs/fri.
The GTA4 pack is tempting, but £7 to expand a game I paid £5 for..meh...

still not much really, well thats not been seen before.
i would have been tempted by gta episodes if i didnt buy them with the original GTA4 for less than steam want.

its also comical at how COD4 is still so much imo :laugh:

CoD4 at a tenner is a bargain IMO. Bought. :D

Whats pad support like on cod4?

still not much really, well thats not been seen before.
i would have been tempted by gta episodes if i didnt buy them with the original GTA4 for less than steam want.

its also comical at how COD4 is still so much imo :laugh:

Ditto regarding GTA IV, I also got GTA IV with the Episodes for £6.25 from D2D.

As for COD 4, the cheapest I can find it off of steam is £13.95, plus it cannot be registered with steam:
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is not accepted on Steam
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-wusf-3601

Though I am dubioous as to weather to buy it now for a tenner, or risk it and see if it pops up again or cheaper in the christmas sale. What do you guys think.

I'm undecided about Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, I do like the Lara Croft series, more for the game now rather than what I bought the first one for in my adolecence;) as this could be a little cheaper.

Supreme Commander 2 I bought in the last sale for myself and a mate, and it's a great game, especially for that little. Please don't remind me what I paid for it in the last sale :rolleyes:

I'm certainlly considering L4D2, but is it 100% completely online only? Or is there a single player mode available for when I fancy playing it away from an internet connection?

tris

The more i look at cod 4 the more i want it as i don't have a cod game on pc,or do i just go for black ops.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom