RMCF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My current 'hated song' is that 'Chasing Pavements' nonsense.:mad:

Feel free to add yours.:thumbsup:

Anything by Kate Nash. Her nasal voice grates on my nerves........:mad:

Anything by Kate Nash. Her nasal voice grates on my nerves........:mad:

I quite like Kate Nash :rolleyes::eek::thumbsup::rotfl::rolleyes:

Anything that sounds like a dance tune from the late 90's - that's suddenly come back into fashion somehow

Robyn - annoying, rubbish

Chasing Pavements - rubbish, doesn't make sense, can't sing

Scouting for Girls - Elvis Ain't Dead - for a start, the song is called Elvis Ain't Dead, and you're singing Elvis Isn't Dead. And, it's rubbish, it makes less sense than chasing pavements, you can't sing, and it's generally a really really bad song. I hate it.

Live Lounge trying to be done by new acts that have trouble singing their own songs, let alone [-]murdering[/-] covering tunes that no-one likes anyway. (yes, you, Wombats) Who thought of that one?

bloc Party, they sound the same everytime, and the black guy did the most pretentious interview I've ever read recently, and i hate them even more now. even if they didn't sing the same monotonous rubbish each and every time they release a single, i'd still think they were rubbish

Sorry to offend. but i hate all the new york wrapper and drum and bass and sampling techno ford fiesta music. I call it music thats produced in bedrooms.

I like to dream there are real song writers real musicians real bass players real drums that have skins waiting bidding their time just waiting for all this for this awful trend to pass. Just wish this ripping other peoples music of would just stop. Good music will surface again never mind i no i am alone in my thoughts. I will keep listening to Bob Harris. I do see a light at the end of a very long tunnel I think.

sorry only my opinion.

Most of radio 1's playlist, i know iam getting old

Steve

That Soulja Boy track.

drum and bass

Hate? I think its amazing. It may be produced in 'bedrooms' which I'll admit some of it is, but you can't deny that it does sound incredible in a club/through a sub.

That Soulja Boy track

I totally agree that this is a terrible tune, but search youtube for "travis barker soulja boy" and watch one of the greatest drummers in the world, doing his thing.

The version of soulja boy they play on the radio is actuially the Travis Barker (ex Blink 182, +44 drummer, and all round awesome producer) remix

That Soulja Boy track.

Hate? I think its amazing. It may be produced in 'bedrooms' which I'll admit some of it is, but you can't deny that it does sound incredible in a club/through a sub.
I can! It's a load of boring, irritating, mindless drivel. There, I knew I'd find something good to say about it! ;)

overkill

with you on the Kate Nash opinion.

Also, anything by the Scissor Sisters.

When they appeared on the scene, their 1st song was ok.

But everything since is awful, and getting worse. Time for them to hang up the mic's.

I actually don't really know what 'current songs' there are at the moment ... as hardly listen to music radio; just kind of hear about stuff I might like by word of mouth, burnt CDs from mates, downloads, internet reviews, podcasts etc etc

My advice would be to stop listening to daytime Radio 1, you're too old for it anyway, and stop watching chav crap like GMTV
- you'll soon find there'll be fewer current songs that get on your nerves :lesson: :D ;)

I know I am an old git but the entire output of the local radio station fits the bill.
Kate Nash does stand out though!

I know I am an old git but the entire output of the local radio station fits the bill.
Kate Nash does stand out though!
She sure does, but not in the right way!:D

Mika, not only for his songs but also the fact he's a complete :censored:

Anything in the charts.

Anything in the charts.
does anyone really know whats in the charts these days or what's number one? ... since the end of TOTP and the fact that any available download track however old can chart it just seems like an irrelevance to me about as interesting as the official UK tomato tin chart .... and Pop Idol / X Factor acts have just turned it into a Simon Bloody Cowell hit parade

does anyone really know whats in the charts these days or what's number one? ... since the end of TOTP and the fact that any available download track however old can chart it just seems like an irrelevance to me about as interesting as the official UK tomato tin chart .... and Pop Idol / X Factor acts have just turned it into a Simon Bloody Cowell hit parade
You know, that's a good point! :eek: Even during the periods in the 80's and 90's when the charts were full of nothing but dire Synth pop, indie or Rap, I still knew roughly what was were! Now I haven't got a clue who's in the top five never mind ten!

Anything on Galaxy

Just why

Steve

Yes I'm of a age where you need TOTP to keep up with what the young one's like and you feel you should. I still love my jazz but I'm listening to Our Place In This by Fridge which most certainly ain't jazz.

Allthe very best
Bri

'The Enemy - We'll Live And Die In These Towns'

The most god awful attempt of being The Jam....It's just a complete rip off of Going Underground....makes me cringe just hearing the opening cord.

the hoosiers and similar stuff actually all this so called indie/rock music-it sounds all the same.

'The Enemy - We'll Live And Die In These Towns'

The most god awful attempt of being The Jam....It's just a complete rip off of Going Underground....makes me cringe just hearing the opening cord.

note to anyone who'll listen, do not pay to see the enemy live. I had the misfortune of seeing them open for Stereophonics in Cardiff end of last year, suffice to say if you think it sounds crap on the radio, you aint heard nothing yet! I almost walked out before the 'phonics came on, quite glad I didn't but it's seriously the first gig I've ever felt like I would be happier outside

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom